Looks like I'm in for a trip to the Lake Placid area this summer....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Indy_Guy_77, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

Man that's a long drive from home!

Hard decisions: Where to stay? How long to make the trip?

Sole purpose of trip is to go fetch my wife's younger brother after he finishes some kind of outdoor leadership course (nols.edu, if you're interested) and bring him home.

I have a free place to stay in Medina, OH... As well as in Homer, NY (north of Syracuse). I'd like to take advantage of at least one of those freebies if I'm able. Medina might not make the cut, however.

I'd rather not have to drive the 3.5 hours from my aunt's house in Homer up towards Lake Placid on the day I'm to pick him up.

Who knows...perhaps a few nights in Homer and a few nights in Lake Placid? Then stay in Oh on the way back?

I hate planning trips like this... Nothing's set in stone! Too many variables!

-J-

2. HOTHEAD

HOTHEAD

The Adirondack park is the largest national park in the country. It is absolutely beautiful up there, and Placid has a very "small town" feel. Take your time to do a little sight seeing, I bet you'll really enjoy it up there.

There are quite a few B&B's the whole trek in from Watertown ( If you are heading up from Syracuse) Cranberry Lake, Tupper Lake, Saranak etc. All of them will have beautiful scenery, and be very affordable.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

3. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  4. Green70

Green70

Dang! Beat me to it... It was actually a pretty decent movie. Of course the multiple sequeal after it were horrible...

5. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

I'll have at least two hotel stays paid for on the trip. Not sure if we (wife & I) can afford too many other nights. She's already not happy that I'm going...alone...leaving her with our then-15-month old. :supergrin:

I'd love to spend a week up there; don't know if I can.