close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looks like I'll be getting an ACD soon!!

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by fastvfr, Dec 11, 2004.

1. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Hey folks--

My aunt's dogs just bred again a few weeks ago. The dam is half Australian Cattle Dog and half Border Collie, while the sire is full-blood ACD.

Their pups from the last litter looked just like this:
    [​IMG]

We will get first pick of the litter, and my GF can't wait!!

I have some experience in training dogs, but I am not so sure that this breed is the best one for us. We live in town, in a small 1 br home, and the local parks are all Leashed Only, with no dog parks anywhere nearby.

I can, however, set up a cable run in the park and allow the little squirt to run that way. Of course, he will get plenty of walks, attention, and obediance training from the start. And once he proves he is trustworthy, trips to the 'boonies' for frisbee and jogging off the leash will be more common.

Hopefully, he won't get bored or overly dominant. I intend to crate-train him from the start, and will have him on his leash in the house for the first few months. He might turn out to be a Shadow Dog, but then many of this breed do, from what I have read. Loyal in the extreme.

Well, I just thought I'd share the good news! The pups should be ready by sometime in March, so I will post pics then.

Best regards,

FastVFR

2. zedsdead

zedsdead

My wife has had a blue heeler for 10 years (I've only been around for the last 4).

They are great dogs, very intelligent and playful. Lots of energy, though, and looking for a job to do. If you don't give him one, he'll find his own...maybe one you won't like.

You won't regret getting a cattle dog!

Good luck