close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking to possibly sell Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jgladieux, Nov 3, 2002.

1. jgladieux

jgladieux Sniper Kitty

greetings all, I bought a Glock 30 for the wife for our anniversary and it may not be right for her, she wanted a 45 but currently uses a 19. The grip may be to big for her we don't know yet she still wants to shot it some more. I wanted to find out in advance if anybody would be interested in buying it for 490.00 plus shipping, it so far has only 135 rnds of factory CCI, Federal and Winchester thru it. It is one of the models made in the time of the "Upgrade" but has not had the upgrade done to it yet...let me know...Thanks, Jay

Moderator, please don't move.....Am not actually selling at this time

2. Person

Person

If you sell it you will regret it! That is the general concensus I get from people that seel guns. I have never sold any. If I want something else I save up for it and keep what I have.

Just my opinion.

Later,

Person

3. Drjones

Drjones

Buddy, honestly, if you sell that gun, you WILL regret it at some point in time, and you will just end up buying it again.

I have seen SO many threads about "which gun do you regret selling the most" and the like.

Why don't YOU keep it for yourself???

If I were you, I wouldn't sell...

4. jdrobins

jdrobins

Take it from me, Personal experience keep the 30! Even though I knew better I sold a g33 for money for yet another officers model .45. I regretted selling my G33 and just went and put a 27 on layaway. (now I am in the market for a G33 barrel).

Jim

5. jgladieux

jgladieux Sniper Kitty

I bought a his and hers but she doesn't know about the his yet;f , I'm sure she will eventually get use to it but I thought I would asks around, I was going to get his and hers 36 but she didn't like the lower capacity, It's funny how she shot a 21 and had no problems, I think I'll get her some Winchester 185 Silver Tips to try she had been trying CCI 200 Gold dot and Federal Hydra-shok 230 and I had the friend shoot some Silver Tips and he said It's softer shooting out of the 3....Jay

6. Drjones

Drjones

Well, there certainly isn't anything wrong with having two of your carry guns. Honestly; if one breaks, malfunctions, needs work, etc. it would be handy to have another of the exact same gun!

7. Floyd

Floyd Millennium Member

Though I can't bring myself to sell a gun, I have been known to trade quite a few.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a home should things not work out with your wife and the G30.

8. Colubrid

Colubrid

You can never have enough guns. You will regret selling the 30. Get a 36 for her! Thats what I carry.

9. Gadgetman

Gadgetman

Sell it. And don't look back.;f

10. chris woodall

chris woodall

im going to buy a g30 at xmas(cant wait) what is this upgrade your talking about i asked the guy who is going to sell me the gun he had no idea

11. jgladieux

jgladieux Sniper Kitty

From Glock:
    GLOCK Frame Rails - The Real Scoop!

The GLOCK Corporation has identified a problem with a very small percentage of GLOCK pistols produced between September of 2001 and May of 2002. The specific problem that has been identified is the potential of breaking a rear frame rail in pistols manufactured during this time period. Within the specific range the breakage rate has been less than 0.0188%. So, while the actual percentage of rails reported broken is within any accepted manufacturing tolerance, it is not an acceptable situation to the GLOCK Corporation. It is also important to note that under most conditions GLOCK pistols will continue to function with three rails. A routine maintenance check after each time the pistol has been taken out and used would immediately indicate if there is a problem.

We are, therefore, concerned that a limited number of customers will not get the product we have promised them and what we have always delivered, the very best pistol on the market, in short, a GLOCK.

For these reasons, we have made the decision that in the interest of customer service, replacement frames will be offered to anyone who has a firearm in this range and decides to take advantage of this offer. The replacement frames will have identical serial numbers to our customer's original firearm except the numeral 1 will be added as a prefix. If you believe your firearm is within this range, please call 1-866-225-4098 to take advantage of the ultimate in customer service.

Nothing less than the best for our customers is acceptable to GLOCK and, as always, we will continue to work towards Perfection.