Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase my first Glock! I'm ready to jump on the wagon. I am in the Military and I am looking to buy one for concealed carry. I have trouble with the subcompact but I love the 19,23,32. I currently have a Ruger P345 in .45ACP which shoots great and is an awesome handgun. I would like to get something lighter and one that has easier manual of arms. I have been looking, and researching quite a bit. I have kinda narrowed it down to the 19,23,32,38. Can anyone provide some insight for me. I'm just so darn torn! Hopefully I can get some great advice from you all! :wavey:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Gen 4 19 without a doubt, you will not be sorry. I have carried Gen 2's, 3's, in 9 and 40 and this G 4 19 is arguably the best CCW I have carried.

Get ready for the G 4 flame throwers.

Thanks for serving our country and hang on for the ride.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
All that you specified is that you like the compact Glocks in assorted calibers with no preference for a particular caliber. Go to the range and rent/shoot some?

Edited to add that I CCW a G36 and a G23. Never had a need for a 9 mm excepting for cheap range ammo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a fan of many calibers. I love the .45 but since I already have one, I certainly don't want another right now. I would like a different one, i.e. .40S&W, 9mm/.357Sig. By the way, have they worked the bugs out of the Gen 4 19's. Weren't they having issues with them?

P.S- Thanks for the quick replies!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
By the way, have they worked the bugs out of the Gen 4 19's. Weren't they having issues with them?
THAT would be why I would avoid a Gen4 9mm and get a Gen3. Personally, if you don't want another .45ACP then I would say get the G23, mine is superb.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Does not matter what anyone advises you here, especially the ones that will start to say get gen 4 and get gen 3 and so forth. It all depends on what you feel comfortable to carry. What is good for one is not necessarily good for another, so you need to try them out and then choose for yourself... exactly what I did.

·
Helicopter Nut
7,762 Posts
Get the 23 and later get a after market barrel for cheaper practice. Same price. :supergrin:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would say the 19 with no question...as far as which Gen...the 3rd gen is proven over and over again, the 4th gen has/had its bumps but is still a glock and still more reliable than 90% of whats out there...u can shoot 9mm a lot cheaper than 40 s&w...and thats what u do with a Glock, shoot it!

I say forget the Gen, settle on a caliber and find the best deal/price...Ed's Public Safety will give u a nice discount and they just got a shipment of Gen 4 G19s.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
No doubt Uncle gave you some experience with 9mm.

If that is true, and you are comfortable with the power of the 9, the model 19 is a very good choice. Coupled with the cheapo Glock 14$ holster if makes a darn good carry piece.

No doubt there will be a number of responses about a 'quality' holster (of the few hundred that are available) being a better choice, but I know a dozen or so LE sorts that swear by the rig for comfort and concealment.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
So many choices is right. Another vote for the g19. It's the only gun I own for a reason. The thing rocks. It's a gen 3, but you can get whatever gen you like. Good luck. I second the eds public safety. I haven't purchased anything from them yet, but I heard only great things about them. Never a single complaint.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Personally, I would get the G23! A liitle more fire power than then the G19, & you can always get a LW conversion barrel to 9mm! Just my .02 cents.:cool:

·
familyman
3,103 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Does not matter what anyone advises you here, especially the ones that will start to say get gen 4 and get gen 3 and so forth. It all depends on what you feel comfortable to carry. What is good for one is not necessarily good for another, so you need to try them out and then choose for yourself... exactly what I did.
+1 on this

1 - 20 of 37 Posts