Glock Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
NRA & SAF mbr
4,879 Posts
Most of them have some gapping, which is why it's recommended (by the experienced folks on the MGB forum) to tape them closed before drilling.

But, that one seems to be very warped. Are you able to close it by squeezing it in your hands?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Most of them have some gapping, which is why it's recommended (by the experienced folks on the MGB forum) to tape them closed before drilling.

But, that one seems to be very warped. Are you able to close it by squeezing it in your hands?
Thanks. Can be closed no problem. Polymer80 suggested that they should all be taped prior to drilling.

·
NRA & SAF mbr
4,879 Posts
BTW, there is a general disdain for all things P80 here on GT. It's really quite the remarkable phenonemon.
It makes for some amusing threads.

But, if you want some really good information from folks who are passionate and knowledgeable builders, go check out the Marine Gun Builder forum.

Did you try taking the frame out (making sure there is not foreign debris inside the jig) and reseating it?

·
NRA & SAF mbr
4,879 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate the benefit of your experience.
Just two, so far! Well.. 1-3/4. One completed. The other almost. But, I've done the frame finishing on it.

The completed G34 clone: It has 1275 rounds through it without a single malfunction.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gas Gun accessory

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

Product Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Gas

The 2nd build is a G19 clone. Here's a mock-up. More Plain Jane.

Photograph Air gun Trigger Grey Line

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Font Wood

I've got a few more frames waiting in the wings, too.

·
NRA & SAF mbr
4,879 Posts
I like that g34 clone.
Thanks! I'm pretty proud of my first build. Even more proud that it has fired 1275 flawless rounds.

I put a LOT of time into the build. The media and politicians love to report that it takes "only 30 minutes" to put together these "kit pistols." They are full of sh*t. I estimate about 30 - 40 hours into that G34.

Sure, it can be done faster than my time. But, if you want a FUNCTIONAL (and reliable) P80 gun, there is NO way you're going to do it in 30 minutes. Not even if you're an experienced builder, never mind a noob.

·
NRA & SAF mbr
4,879 Posts
Can I remove this jig without damaging it? Who do I do that? The tab doesn’t seem to want to move
Yes. You can definitely open it and take the frame out without any damage. And you can pop it all back together the same way. No issues with that. You have to pry that tab out a bit. Should come right apart.

Lift this tab and the two halves can be separated:
Rectangle Engineering Magenta Fashion accessory Font

I agree with @ottomatic about seeing if the jig is warped the same way when assembled WITHOUT the frame inside of it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
@A45acp1911 while most, if not all, P80 jigs are warped a little, the warp in your jig seems excessive. Out of all the different P80 frames I have done, none of my jigs look that bad. I would definitely ask Polymer 80 for a replacement.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts