close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for shooting ranges in So FL.

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by RMC51, Apr 9, 2010.

1. RMC51

RMC51

I'm looking for shooting ranges in south Florida, open to the public or ones that you need to join. Looking for pistol, rifle and shotgun ranges. what is out there, I have nothing close.

Thanks
    RMC51

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

Where are you?

Florida and even "South" Florida is pretty big...

3. RMC51

RMC51

I'm in the keys, looking for south florida

4. RMC51

RMC51

I have found some info on:

TRAIL GLADES RANGE
    17601 SW 8th Street
    Miami, Florida 33194

does anyone have more info on this shooting center

5. rich52us

rich52us

6. RMC51

RMC51

Key Largo is a private club, A bunch of us tried to join in Jan. no one south of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Key Largo</st1:place> that I know of got in this year. There is a rumor floating out there that the club let in a bunch from <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> this year.

I need to find a range on the main land. I heard of Bass Pro on Griffen Rd. Anybody been there?

Thanks
    RMC

7. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

8. glockpacker

glockpacker 600 yd shooter CLM

There is a range that might be worth some travel time...

For the past five years, I've been making the trips to Palm Bay to www.pmrpc.com . Port Malabar has the only real 600 yard range in Florida, and many from Miami/Fort Lauderdale and from Tampa make the pilgrimmage once a month for a weekend of matches. I don't know if you like shooting more than a hundred yards (most don't), but that's the place if you like to. We also have a great 200-yard sight in range.

Check out the website & come back with any questions you might have.

9. FlaChef

FlaChef Steyroid

Markham Park range is in Sunrise and is open to the public.

10. glockpacker

glockpacker 600 yd shooter CLM

On Pembroke Road right beside Interstate 95 in Hollywood, http://www.pembrokegunrange.com/ has a bunch of indoor lanes, and I've always found friendly employees there. They allow a lot of stuff, including shotguns and machine guns in pistol calibers, at least.

11. Tango191

Tango191

+1 on pembroke, thats where i go, another one is Big al's in hallendale, there not to friendly there, i have gotten attitude from almost everyone who works there,on several occasions, it wasn't deserved. They have a bad "gunshop guy" attitude

12. FordRocks

FordRocks

I always go to Trail Glades, they just renovated it. Great prices.
    There is also Aces indoor, pretty expensive but you are indoor.
    http://www.acesindoorshooting.com/

13. mooseman

mooseman

I used to qualify there with my agency. It's been recently renovated. Several long range ranges, it's outdoors and basically in the everglades, so there are a lot of bugs and the occasional alligator. Here's some of my recommendations for the greater South Florida area:

Broward:
    Markham Park (in Davie, I believe). Also a county run range, you will probably have to wait. Decent rates, won't let you shoot at silouhette or human image targets. It's also a very large park with picnic areas and the like.

Palm Beach:
    Palm Beach Shooting Center in Lake Worth. A small pistol-only indoor range, with an all around great group of guys and gals working there. If you're a LEO they offer reduced rates and discounts on purchases. Large selection of new handguns, a few used handguns, and a limited selection of rifles. They'll do some minor gunsmithing for you.

Delray Beach Shooting Center in Delray Beach. I've never shot there, but have purchased various items from them. They have a LOT of assault rifles and shotguns, and quite a few handguns. The ammo prices are a little steep. I've heard varying opinions of the employees attitudes, but I have never had a problem. Prices are a little steep, and you do have look for it. You can see it from I-95, but it's not easy to get to if you don't know where to look.

Gator Guns in West Palm Beach. An old-school Florida Redneck type place, in a most respectful way of course! Most of the guys who work there were hunting camo and could go by the nickname 'Bubba.' :supergrin: They also have one of the only in-house gunsmith shops I have seen from West Palm Beach to Miami, and also have a lot of knowledge of hunting rifles and archery. Large selection of new and used guns, including some classics. Indoors only, they have two pistol ranges and a rifle/shotgun range. If they don't have what you need they'l gladly order it for you, but the prices aren't the greatest.

I've also heard of a few places in Pembroke Pines and Hallandale Beach that come highly regarded, but I have no personal experience with them, so I will leave it at that.

14. avingo

avingo