close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for help. Tired of waiting...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RoccoGen4, Apr 3, 2010.

1. RoccoGen4

RoccoGen4

Hello everyone, I am new to firearms, new to Glock, and new to GT. I ordered a G22 Gen 4 through OMB guns (www.ombguns.com) and it's been over a month since I paid for it in full at my local FFL / Glock Armorer. Alas, I still have nothing to show for it. I've called OMB and they can't seem to give me any sort of firm delivery date. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm sure you all know how hard it is to wait for your first Glock. I know there's a lot of experience on this board so i thought I would ask. Any thoughts or insight would be great. Thanks!

2. RoccoGen4

RoccoGen4

bump to top. think i messed up posting this originally

3. vis35

vis35

In the gun business there is a thing called allocated guns. Basically some guns are in high demand, when a distributor gets a few in stock he allocates them to his different salesmen, they call their best customers and say “Hey, look what I have!” , of course the customer wants them, then the salesman says “sure, what else are you going to buy from me?” I work at the largest gun shop in Alaska, we buy a lot of guns so when our sales person at the distributor gets the goodies in we get first shot at them. Both sides benefit, we can buy the easily available stuff anywhere but we give that business to the guys that take care of us. We have gen 4 22’s & 17’s in stock. If you go to a dealer that sells a large volume of guns you might pay a bit more but you will get your gun sooner.

4. RoccoGen4

RoccoGen4

Interesting. Thanks for the reply!

5. smoffett87

smoffett87

I get all my guns at www.budsgunshop.com. Their customers always leave satisfying comments and I'm no exception. You will get your gun within a week. Next time I would try them out for your gun needs. As for your situation they're probably waiting to receive one before they can send you one. They probably posted it on their website and then got to many orders and are moving slow to fill them. Hope it all gets sorted out soon because the Gen 4 Glocks are great and second to none. I've got a Gen 4 17 and love it.

6. RoccoGen4

RoccoGen4

I'm going to my dealer tomorrow. Gonna rent a G22 and just throw some lead downrange for something to do on a day off. Try to work on grip/aim all of that. Think I'm also going to have them make some calls to see what the deal is. If they go past their original quote of 6-8 weeks I'll bite the bullet (ha ha) and pay more for the same thing at Cabela's. I'm pretty sure they have them in stock. I'll never buy anything again before checking availability.

7. vis35

vis35

What are you paying between OMB and your local dealer, plus shipping? I am sure they quoted you a good price, but between shipping and dealer fees what are you paying?

8. RoccoGen4

RoccoGen4

9. bentbiker

bentbiker

If OMB's price is $460 or greater, why not go the GSSF route -- either local if participating dealer is close, or through Ed's Public Safety.

10. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

When I tried to order my gun through the GSSF program this year, through OMB, I wasn't real impressed with the salesperson I got. They were unable to answer my questions and seemed to only want to push the sale through. I contacted Ed's and Dan over there was great and patient. Not trying to hijack the thread with this, but JFYI.

11. RoccoGen4

RoccoGen4

I'm not a GSSF member, and the price is lower than $460, until you add the Tirjicon Night Sights. I'm going to haveto look into this GSSF thing though.

12. RoccoGen4

RoccoGen4

On the phone with OMB. Man these guys suck. They still can't give me ANY sort of delivery date. All they can say is that Glock inc is 40,000 in back-order. Also, the Bullet Hole, in La Vista, NE where I originally ordered my gun won't give me a cash refund so that I can purchase it at Cabela's up the street who has it IN STOCK. I'm mighty pissed off and thought I'd share.

13. NateHodge

NateHodge Here too much

Understandable. I'd talk to someone else, someone higher up. Maybe even call OMB and ask them if you can cancel the order. If they say "Yes", then go to The Bullet Hole and tell them that the order can be canceled and you demand your money back because the service you are getting sucks.

All the more reason I don't pay for anything until I have it in my hand. Sorry for your troubles.

14. Range Rat

Range Rat

Well, I would take OMB's statement at face value: the G22s are on allocation. I have ordered both of my Glocks through these guys and got great service both times. Sorry you are having trouble.

15. RoccoGen4

RoccoGen4

Put a call in to the owner of the bullet hole, he's supposed to call back tomorrow. On a lighter note, got a G17 delivered today. too bad it was the mini version that comes in the promo pack from Glock inc. lol. Pack also Included a lanyard, GLOCK Safe Action Pistols sticker and hat pin, pen, pencil, and GSSF shoulder patch. At least they recognized my frustration. Starting to see why Glock Cust. Svc. gets such great reviews!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  16. RoccoGen4

RoccoGen4

Just got off the phone with the Bullet Hole and, somehow, they managed to scrounge up a G22 Gen 4. Not gonna come with night sights, but it'll be here tomorrow! :supergrin: Not sure about OMB, but I think I should have given the BH more credit.

17. 18jms

18jms I love Guns

This is why I don't bother stepping foot into local gunshops.
    Gunbroker.com Order what I want find a local FFL who can transfer, bam done.