close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

looking for gunsmith

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by magister, Aug 5, 2006.

1. magister

magister

anyone know of a gunsmith who does work on a sunday? i need to have the front sight of my glock installed. baka may ma-recommend kayo na pwedeng gumawa nito. thanks in advance. :)

2. vega

vega

Attend ka lang ng shoot siguradong may gunsmith sa BOGs.

3. TTPower

TTPower

go to trust trade at robinsons galleria. marunong mga tao dun. i suggest u call them 1st. ok lang ba with u if u leave ur gun there? btw saan ka ba malapit?

4. magister

magister

thursdays lang kasi gunsmith sa Trust Trade e. tried Armscor Parang also pero ayaw nila gawin. takot sila magasgas yung slide.

anyway, tried a gunshop in q.c. early this pm. this guy assured me that he knew how to install the front sight. i even told him to be careful not to scratch the slide. imagine how mad i was when he returned the slide to me with the front sight GLUED to the slide! :soap:

not wanting to get into an argument or fight i just paid him and took off the front sight soon as i got home. mabuti na lang naalis ko pa yung mighty bond na ginamit ng gunsmith (kuno) na yun. took me a great deal of effort but at least i think i got it all off.

arghh, am so mad at myself for being so naive and stupid.

now i have to buy a new front sight. would it be ok to use a steel front sight and retain the plastic rear sights? medyo mahal kasi parts e.

5. vega

vega

Inquiring minds want to know who this smithy was.

6. jojo_G19

jojo_G19

yes, gusto ko rin malaman kung sino ung gunsmith :cool:

BTW, why on sundays? does this means that ur only available on sunday?

7. Allegra

Allegra

hehe sorry but that made me laugh

I'll recomend metrillo
    Bring the gun, siya na bahala mag fabricate ng FS , siya na bahala mag install , and siya na bahala mag zero
    I'm sure there are others jus as good

8. isuzu

isuzu

What front sight did you have installed to your Glock? It would be nice if you posted the name of the gunsmith on the forum to warn other members.

I used to have Novaks on my Glock 17. The front sight had a hex screw to secure it to the slide. The rear sight had a locking allen screw as well.

9. jasonub

jasonub

His name is plumber john:supergrin:

10. magister

magister

:laughabove:

had it done sa Force Sight in Ali Mall. Twin Pines people recommended that shop. (sundays lang kasi convenient for me)

when i got the slide back it actually looked clean from the outside pero puro mighty bond talaga yung loob. sabi pa nga nung smith, hindi naman daw matutunaw yun! pakshet talaga! :crying:

it was a stock glock sight (plastic). if i understood the installation procedure correctly, the sight is to be inserted in the hole and a plastic pin is supposed to hold it in place. hindi mighty bond. :)

anyway, anyone know sellers of orig glock parts and does installation too? custom parts (sa metrillo) or novaks may be a bit pricey. (just in case, saan ang metrillo?)

thanks!

11. 10big

10big BOG 1001

hello mga sirs, how can i go to metrillo? would very much appreciate if somebody can give me directions... i will be coming from pasig area :) thanks!

12. Poodle

Poodle

Baka ang Final Option sa San Juan bukas ng Sunday. Dun ako nagpa-install ng adjustable rear sight. Me tool sila at least para sa rear sight. Malamang meron din sila para sa front sight. Tel no is 7272042.