close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking For Good Deals On Gas Grills!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RayB, Feb 19, 2010.

1. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Aside from the Big Box Stores, does anybody have a good source for good deals on quality gas grills?

Also, are there any specific, current models you'd recommend?

No seasonal sales locally yet, though the new models are coming in...

The new ones I'm seeing around here are of reduced quality--or they're way too elaborate--and they're pricey too!

I'd like to avoid a charcoal vs. gas argument, please...

--Ray

2. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

if you go the cheap route,

at least store the grill covered and out of the weather or they wont last long ..

3. woodasptim

woodasptim

I managed to get a good deal on a Weber Genesis S-310 at Home Depot last year. I absolutely love it. (It was ~$175 off of their normal price.)

4. armorplated

armorplated

I got a two burner from Home Depot for $89 that suits me fine. Previously I had an elaborate stainless three burner that went through propane like it was hooked up to my truck.

The two burner is much more efficient and fuel lasts waaay longer. The only complaint I have is that the grill height is not adjustable, so I have to watch the food more closely.

5. ShamGlock

ShamGlock

If you want a deal on a grill you are looking in the wrong season my friend. You have to buy in the fall when they are pushing out the models that will be discontinued. Next best time is to wait 'till around Labor Day when they start trying to drive sales of grills for the start of summer.

6. community

community Member

i always buy my grills at Home Depot, Lowe's, or Walmart. Usually a Weber. works for me.

7. silentpoet

silentpoet

Wrong time of year to get the good deals. Sometime before Christmas when they are on clearance is when you get your best deals.

8. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

WWHB (What Would Hank Buy)

[​IMG]

I have a Vermont ??? having brain fade, but got it from Home Depot, of course it isn't a Weber but it works for me. If you want to stay local, no big box, just go to your nearest ACE, Aubuchon hardware, or a small mom & pop.

9. Cinic

Cinic Spongy Member

Used on Craigslist. I got my last two this way. Quality and price will run the gamut and if you bide your time you'll find a great deal.

10. southernshooter

southernshooter

I have a regular full size but I think next time I'm just going to get a table top model (Lowe's) that uses the little screw in propane bottles. They are like $39.95 and have a big enough grill surface.

11. RFPhoto

RFPhoto

12. JLA

JLA

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  13. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Yeah, I checked my Ace Hardware in November, and everything was displayed at full rip! I asked about a seasonal discount, and the just looked at me... :shocked:

Home Depot was all picked over, except for a few ultra high-end models, and I didn't like any of the Wal-Mart units, though that's where I bought my last one--a Brinkman, which lasted only six years. The Brinkman had nice features, though, and was clearance priced at $99.99.

With regard to Weber, my old charcoal Weber Kettle lasted 30-years, and could have been salvaged for another few years use, but I wanted to switch to gas. No doubt, Weber is a class act! :thumbsup:

I do find the rectangular-shaped grill nicer to work with than the round kettle, though, but we've had some awesome meals from both types.

--Ray