close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for coating in N. Alabama

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by 405dave, Nov 15, 2010.

1. 405dave

405dave

Anyone know where I can get a barrel and lower coated with Cerakote, duracoat, gunkote, park, anything in N. Alabama? Thanks, Dave.

2. RobarGuns

RobarGuns

I don't know of anyone in that area, can somebody provide any suggestions?

3. Chuche2

Chuche2

Predator Custom Shop in Knoxville Tn. 865-521-0625. I know it might be a bit more than you would want to drive, but the work is superb. www.predatorcustomshop .com

4. Roro

Roro

Been wondering the same thing myself Dave. Got a 1911 that has started to rust a bit due to sweat, humidity and life. If you find someone local let me know. Id much rather not have to spend the $ shipping my firearm off and waiting.

5. 405dave

405dave

Roro, I found a gunsmith near me that told me he does duracoat and that if he was backed up he farmed his out to another guy. I have a AR15 barrel I need done but I was waiting till after deer season was over to mess with it. I have not seen his prices or the quality of his work but everyone around here uses him for smith work and say he is good. I will have him coat my barrel soon (seasons almost over) and will let you know how it works out.

6. Roro

Roro

Great who is it and where is he? I travel around N. Bama on bidness so taking it to him is no trouble. But Id like to see what he does before committing to him

7. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

In Birmingham I think Marks outdoors does coating. I and my brother in law send our weapons to be cerakoted and durakoted in north Florida. Go to www.gulfcoastshooting.com and check their work. I've had several good experiences with them. Their prices are right and you can really see alot of there work on their website!

8. starbuck6264

starbuck6264

Hey guys, dont know if you have found what your looking for or not, but if you haven't I may be able to provide what your looking for . I own an airbrush and do gun refinishing. I got into it because I buy sell and trade alot to make extra money on the side. I live in the Huntsville Al area and am willing to meet you somewhere to pick up the gun so that it does not have to be shipped. If you have any questions then just PM me.

Respectfully
    Josh N
    Semper Fi

9. hillbilly223

hillbilly223

i do custom duracoat finishes[​IMG]llbilly223

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  10. mikey357

mikey357 CLM

Try Georgia Gunsmithing, LLC, in Menlo, GA...in the Northwest corner of the State...I've seen/handled quite a bit of their "Work", and it is TOP-NOTCH!

http://gagunsmithingllc.org/ ...HTH....mikey357

11. HiredGun77

HiredGun77

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  12. CJVK1031

CJVK1031

Gander Mountain in Huntsville offers park services, not at that location, they would ship it to another store. Use this route as an absolute last resort, for turnaround time wil be ridiculously long and that 95% of the people that work there are morons.

13. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Amerikaner

hired from Century Arms?