Looking for a range in San Antonio

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by TimiG19, Sep 20, 2007.

1. TimiG19

TimiG19

I visited a couple, but they all required a membership to shoot there. Since I usually only go a few times a year it's not worth it for me. Are there any good places in SA where I can just pay a fee each time I go?

2. USMC06

USMC06 USMC Retired

Depends on what type of shooting you are planning to do. For everyday pay-as-go shooting I suggest the Bullet Hole. You can choose to join or you can pay for each visit - probably about $7.50 per day. Contact info below:

The Bullethole Shooting Range
    2715 Grosenbacher Rd.
    San Antonio, TX 78245
    Ph: (210) 679-6781

If you plan on competing (IDPA/IPSC/AASA,etc.), there are several. You don't have to be a member to compete at any of them. There are matches almost every week at one or more of the following ranges:

- Bullet Hole - address above.

- Blackhawk Shooting Range (slightly south of San Antonio)
    12135 Jarratt Road
    Atascosa, TX 78002
    (210) 622-9620
    (210) 622-5405

- Cedar Ridge Range (slightly north of San Antonio)- 7110 F.M. 1863, Bulverde, Texas 78163

- Texas Thunder Range (indoors) 7128 Bandera Rd., Leon Valley, TX

I hope this helps.

3. Ranger54

Ranger54

I will +1 on Bullethole, I shoot there a lot, friendliest place in town.

They have a pistol league that is a blast, next 7 weeker starts 4 October, 50 rounds a week, $7.50 a week, shoot any Thursday thru Sunday afternoon, 1 to 6.

Also starting USPSA, first match, 6 October.

Major Memorial match, 30 September

Come on out and shoot with us!

4. Glenn E. Meyer

Glenn E. Meyer

Also, Dietz on 46, east off 281.

www.krtraining.com has a FAQ of Austin and San Antonio shooting venues and matches.

Brackenridge near the Rolling Oaks mall off 1604.

Bass Pro has an expensive indoor range.

5. Thegungal

Thegungal

Yes, we require a membership. Are you ready for this...hold on...it is 3 bucks for a lifetime membership.

$7.50 per day, bring all the guns you want and shoot all day if you want. Take a tour at my myspace page in my sig line.

6. TimiG19

TimiG19

Thanks for all the responses. It definitely looks like I have some options that I was unaware of. I'm think I'm going to check out the Bullethole first. I did a little research and heard some really good things.

7. Ruffshot

Ruffshot

One of the great things about San Antonio is all the places to shoot. Cedar Ridge is a nice range. Shoot all day and as many guns as you want for $10 (additional targets cost extra)
    Take 281 north to Bulverde and go east on 1863. cedarridgerange.com

I hear great things about The Bullet Hole as well. I will probably shoot there for the first time next weekend. Check out their memorial match. Word has it they are going to have a nice prize table too. Should be fun.

Blackhawk range is a nice one too. Although a bit out of the way. Rivercity shooters puts on a great IPSC/USPSA match 4th Sunday of the month.

If you can't find a good place to shoot in San Antonio you just aren't trying very hard. This is a great place for the shooting sports.

8. turboglock17

turboglock17

yeah recently been going to bullet hole since it is the closest, very friendly laid back and cheap... i like it