close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking For A Multifunction Printer

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Hawk11, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Hawk11

Hawk11

I recently broke my scanner & now I am looking at the multifunction printer, scanner & copiers. Can any one recommend one that they have had good luck with? I really don't want to spend over $200 on one.

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Hey, Hawk;

I hate their PC's and their supposed Tech Support, but I see the fewest problems with the Hewlett-Packard all-in-ones my clients use.

Avoid the Epson and Lexmark brands.

3. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

I agree with fastvfr ... I routinely recommend HP all-in-ones to my customers ... they seem to stand up to heavy use better then other brands.

4. g29andy

g29andy CLM

I've had good luck so far with a Canon PIXMA MP760 (individual inks, replaceable print head, memory card slots, LCD)

Crappy previous experience with Epsons. Old Lexmark worked ok, but the inks were very pricey.

5. dfbarnes

dfbarnes

I have the HP PSC 1410, they can be had for around 80 bucks, if I recall correctly.

I've had nothing but good luck with it. Print carts are small though, so you may consider a more expensive unit if you do a lot of printing.

It aligns the print cartidges by printing a page, which you then place on the scan glass... it does it all on its own, which is pretty cool.

Myself and my family members haven't had any luck with Epson All-in-ones in the past... so, like others have said, I'd steer clear.