GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Here too much
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Crawford Designs.com

Are you talking about crawfordknives.com? Crawford designs comes back as some artsy websites. If it's crawfordknives.com you meant, there's no way I can afford those.:supergrin:

·
Here too much
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Has anyone been able to find the desert tan handle with the straight edge?:crying:

·
Sharon, you will be missed.
26,373 Posts
That is a great gift idea! Next time I get married, I'm getting knives for my bridesmaids! :supergrin:

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
I have both those knives (well, the BM is full size but the same Griptilian) and the Benchmade is a WHOLE lot more knife. I am just not impressed with the Spyderco.

Greg

·
Here too much
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well, guys. I went back to the place I found the knife in the first time. Talked to the sales guy and briefly explained my situation about not being able to find another knife just like that one anywhere. I asked if he could order more. He got the manager. The mgr. called someone(I found out later, it was Benchmade. He orders direct) and I hear them talking. He says something along the lines of, "Yes you do. I'm holding one right her in my hand." and "Come on now, you placed this order for me to begin with."

Turns out, it's a special order item that they don't list in their catalog. I bought the only one they had, and he's ordering 4 more for my groomsmen and best man. I can't wait to give it to them. It'll be a big change from the cheesy gifts most people give as gifts. Anyway, here this one sits in my pocket. Sorry for the ****ty pics, the camera is with the fiance' so I had to use my BB.

Benchmade Mini Griptilian. Model 556BKSN

·
Here too much
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Me too!! Great little knife!

So far, I'm carrying the Benchmade and I'm just kind or torn between the two. I love the Native, but the little recessed square that the clip sits in is starting to deform and allows the clip to turn a good bit. At least now I have something good to carry while I contact Spyderco and see if they can repair it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
get the benchmade mini grip. I can tell you from personal experience it is the best knife out there, for the price. I carry mine everyday. The steel of the blade is top grade. The steel liners are awesome. Its sturdy enough to use for a defensive weapon, no joke, and makes easy work for any task. the axis lock is the best lock on the market in my opinion. I fiddle with mine all the time and have probably opened and closed it maybe 2000 times. Still no blade play at all, as good as the day i bought it. check out Knivesplus.com i got mine for like 65 i think, good luck

·
Here too much
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
get the benchmade mini grip. I can tell you from personal experience it is the best knife out there, for the price. I carry mine everyday. The steel of the blade is top grade. The steel liners are awesome. Its sturdy enough to use for a defensive weapon, no joke, and makes easy work for any task. the axis lock is the best lock on the market in my opinion. I fiddle with mine all the time and have probably opened and closed it maybe 2000 times. Still no blade play at all, as good as the day i bought it. check out Knivesplus.com i got mine for like 65 i think, good luck

Knivesplus didn't have a single Mini Grip with a clip point blade. Besides that, I wanted a specific hard(near impossible) to find model. But check out my post from about an hour ago. I found it and got 'em coming.:wavey:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts