Looking for a good domain registry... Need to get away from Yahoo

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by chiefscott1701, Apr 7, 2005.

1. chiefscott1701

chiefscott1701

Hi--

I've had my last name registered at Yahoo domains for the past 4 years. My entire family and extended family is set up as firstname@lastname.com and they all love it. Yahoo gives me 1 e-mail box and unlimited forward aliases as well as a webpage redirect for $35 a year. This past year, it has frankly sucked. I don't know what is wrong with their mail server, but e-mails sent to both my direct account and my forwards have all been bouncing. I have had all my major credit cards put me back to paper-statements at least once due to bounced e-mail, and even had charges from Ameritrade for a bad e-mail address. Yahoo Domains gives no phone number for tech support. E-mailing them got an automated-bot response. 2 more e-mails were required until a person read my e-mail and gave me a curt response. HELP!

My domain is up for renewal and I have no intention of renewing at Yahoo. Can somebody recommend to me a good, RELIABLE, and cheap place to get 1 e-mail box, unlimited forwards, and web forwarding? I am pissed at Yahoo--they've lost my business.

Thanks!

2. prism

prism more ammo

man, get the heck out of there!

here is a good one: registerfly.com

they give free email forwarders, but it sounds like you need to get some real email addresses, so look at their email service: registerfly.com/email/

btw, don't wait till the last minute to transfer out. start the process at least a month before expiration.

3. Kernellinux

Kernellinux

4. Dandapani

Dandapani

I have a couple of domainnames registered here: http://cheap-domainregistration.com/

Not sure if they also provide the backend email service you are looking for. Check them out.

5. KennyC

KennyC

I just moved my websites and customers websites to 1and1, they do both web hosting and domain registry services:

http://order.1and1.com

KAC

6. blake711

blake711 Pro-Fesh-U-Nawl

www.godaddy.com hand down the best and usually cheapest prices on the net.. Used them for a couple years no issues..