Looking For A Benelli Pistol

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Robert Kittine, May 28, 2020.

1. Robert Kittine

Robert Kittine

Yes Kong’s Cross

what would be a fair price for a Benelli MP3 in .32 S&W Long?

I think I found one but it seems low and I want to make sure it’s not a scam.

Bob

2. bac1023

bac1023

Bob,

When they show up on GB in a well played auction, they routinely bring over $4000 even in 32. 9mm commands more.

If someone has one priced a lot lower, they may not know market value.

3. bac1023

bac1023

Bob,

it just so turns out that my importer friend bought one and has it in Italy. It’s coming stateside with his next import shipment.

He has gotten me many rare pistols. In fact, he’s the one I can thank for my MP3S 9mm.

It may be a bit of time before it gets here, due to the current situation, but he won’t ask for any money before he has it and it’s ready to ship to you.

You interested? I can PM you his contact information or you can send your info to me and I’ll forward to him.

He’s an outstanding guy to work with. Without him, my collection would be lacking several of the rare guns I own.

4. Robert Kittine

Robert Kittine

Yes I am very interested. MP3S right? In .32 S&W Long WC?

I am not in a rush. Also happy to provide a deposit or what ever you and he need.

Thanks for helping with this.

Bob

P.S. - How do I edit a post? I do not see and EDIT tab to be able to correct or change things? I wanted to make sure what I was looking for was listed as the MP3S as I want the adjustable sights and thought I would add that I would be ok with a Sig Hammerli P240 in .32 S&W Long WC also.

5. bac1023

bac1023

The menu is located by clicking the three bars on the bottom left.

6. Robert Kittine

Robert Kittine

Maybe I have not posted enough or have not contributed to the forum yet, but there are no Three Bars on the bottom left of my posts. I have REPORT on the LEft and than QOUTE and REPLY on the bottom right.

Now I need to find a few more Magazines for the MP3S

Now I have Edit on the bottom left, so maybe I can only edit the post when I first post it.

Bob

7. bac1023

bac1023

Interesting

Should be able to anytime.

8. CatKing

CatKing

Man, I really need find myself some importer friend. That one MP3S in the Netherlands is still up, though the issue still is getting it out of that country. Thankfully though, most of the cool and legal to import guns I see for sale are in Italy (probably because I like Italian guns and they made a lot of guns).

FWIW, I see the edit button disappear for me too. I wanted to edit some post I made in that one thread of mine, though I couldn't. I can edit it shortly after posting, but it eventually turns into me only being able to report my own post.

9. Robert Kittine

Robert Kittine

I was able to get a Benelli MP3S (And I think I will be getting a second one) as well as a Sig Hammerli P240 in .32 WC. bac1023 or any other owner, do you have a Benelli MP3S Manual that I could pay to have you copy and send me a copy? I was able to get a down load of the P240 Manual, but so far have not be able to find a MP3S manual.

Bob

10. bac1023

bac1023

Bob,

Congrats on your MP3S!

:needspics:

11. CatKing

CatKing

You've all got me now needing to play catchup! I won't be able to be buying one any time too soon thanks to some stuff outside of my control, but if you do happen to find one for sale, I of course would not being directed toward it.

I can't confirm as I have no MP3S, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if those just came with the B76 manual. My Benelli MP3 did, though I suppose it's also a lot closer to the B76 too. The B76 manual is online freely as a .pdf and copies of it are pretty cheap on ebay too if you want something more tangible.

https://archive.org/details/Benelli_B76/
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Benelli-B76-Owners-Manual-/223750119543

12. Robert Kittine

Robert Kittine

Thanks CK, I downloaded that manual. Not sure how much difference there is in the MP3S and the 76 as the MP3S has a portion of the slide that is fixed and does not come back as the Model 76 appears to do. Maybe someone with an MP3S can comment on the the 76 manual.
    MP3S OPEN.JPG

ithaca_deerslayer and RandomGuy like this.
  13. Robert Kittine

Robert Kittine

My new Hammerli P240 also in .32 S&W Long WC P240 OTHER SIDE.JPG

ithaca_deerslayer and RandomGuy like this.
  14. PzGren

PzGren

I hope that you have the take down tool, otherwise cleaning will be more than awkward. The P240 is an excellent pistol!

15. bac1023

bac1023

Bob, that’s simply the barrel weight. The slide retracts just like the B76. One thing I’ll say is that the 32 MP3S does not utilize the inertia locking system that the B76 does. It’s simply a straight blowback, unlike the Benelli pistols chambered in more powerful calibers.

I have an MP3S manual that I can post, but it’s only a few pages and I hope you understand Italian.

16. bac1023

bac1023

Very nice

I’ve shot one before. They are very accurate and based heavily on the Sig P210.

17. Robert Kittine

Robert Kittine

So the front sight is on the barrel weight?

I work for an Italian so will not have any problem getting it translated. Thank you.

18. bac1023

bac1023

Yes it is, which is not uncommon for a lot of target/competition oriented pistols.

I’ll get the manual posted tomorrow.

19. norton

norton

I suppose the magazine in front of the trigger guard is to eliminate the use of AR type pistols?

Brian's Pardini's look very well made.

ithaca_deerslayer likes this.
  20. Robert Kittine

Robert Kittine

Yep - They consider even the 6 round magazine to represent a second hand hold, though that could be said of my Thompson Contender and TOZ-35M friends. I am trying to get an exemption for a Match Guns MG4 since it have a tubular horizontal magazine.