Looking for 45ACP suppressor host

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by gruntmedik, Jun 10, 2020.

1. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Semper Fi CLM

I'm looking for a suppressor host for the 45 ACP. I've got 1911's, so looking for something else.

I've owned, at one time or another, XD45Tactical, and M&P45. They were moved along before I started down the suppressor rabbit hole. I own several Glocks, but have never shot one in 45ACP. The FNX45 Tactical is nice, but is it $1200 nice?

What do you use, and what made your decision?

2. -JCN-

-JCN-

Kriss Vector

Why?

Because suppressed handguns with tilting barrels suck when shot rapidly or with transitions because of the porpoising effect of the weight hanging off the end of the barrel and the Nielsen device.

Plus gas to face.

The KRISS Vector has a fixed barrel and shoots subsonic 45 ACP like a dream. Also right side ejection port means no gas to face.

I have them in 45ACP, 10mm, 9mm and 22LR. Mine are not select fire, though. :D

DocPoison and pgg00 like this.

3. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

I have a Mars Armament THUG Colt 1911 and Glock 30 as suppressor hosts, as well as a 45 ACP AR Pistol.

You can find an FN FNX 45 Tactical for around $899 with a Vortex Venom. Sometimes they go on sale through Primary Arms Online and other websites.

I like the higher capacity, weight, controllable nature. It has a great trigger, too. I think it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. grecco

grecco

Look at HK.
    Both the USP/FS and USP/C have been flawless surpressed.