close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking at Spike's, but...

Discussion in 'GATE AR-15 Forum' started by chris in va, Mar 20, 2011.

1. chris in va

chris in va

Spike's Tactical is such a small outfit and they're running 2-3 months behind at this point.

I was looking at their mid-length flat top model. Is there anything else on the market similar in quality, price and specs that I don't have to wait so long to get?

2. Constructor

Constructor

Any shop that does decent work and semi custom builds are backed up months. We have over 100 builds waiting at all times so it takes us apx 3-4 weeks too. WOA was backed up 18 mths a while back. If you want something with plastic handguards and off the shelf try S&W maybe from CDNN.

3. chris in va

chris in va

Thank you.

Budget limitations are having me look at the M&P Sport. I can't find any actual owners to comment on the rifle, wondering if it would be decent for general range and HD use.

4. Another Glock Guy

Another Glock Guy

Why not just "build" a PSA rifle if you're on a budget? You can find PSA uppers for less than $400 with BCG and charging handle included. Just add a complete lower. Or you can build the lower! Stripped Anderson Arms lowers retail for around $40. I'm sure aimsurplus.com has some in stock.

5. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923 Blessed Are The Peacemakers

I absolutely love my M&P sport. I was skeptical to pay only $650 for an AR.... but the quality is up there. I've owned Colts, DD's, Spike's, and many more.... but this S&W is the best value so far. I don't see anything wrong with it and it shoots great. I'm in the Military and I have never ever ever used a forward assist.... never even heard of one being used. Nor do I like messing with the dust cover. So those are non-issues for me.