Looking at night sights....

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by DougC, Mar 27, 2020.

1. DougC

DougC

After not owning a Glock for the past five years or so I placed an order today for a new Gen4 G20. I'm definitely looking forward to it coming in! Anyway, I'm currently looking at night sights for it and am leaning towards the Trijicon HD XR or the regular HD. Anyone care to share their thoughts/experiences with these sights? Anyone have any suggestions as to any other sights I should be looking at?
    I'm also going to be looking at triggers....

2. usnret

usnret

Why do you want night sights? They are really no help in the dark. After your first shot you are going to be pretty much blinded from the flash. If you want to use it for a night time gun, get a weapons light.

knoxrocks222 and glocker1 like this.

3. SilentRecon

SilentRecon

Look at NightFision glow domes. I have Trijicon HDs in a few glocks but think Night fision is better. Look at the Glow Domes

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DougC likes this.
  4. norcalAF

norcalAF

I'm happy with my Ameriglo I dots, bright orange for daytime and a wml for nighttime. Plus they are half the price of trijicon.

archery68 and GlockyQ like this.
  5. e150gt

e150gt

I second the I dots

6. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

That has not been my experience. I have had Glock night sights on both of my duty Glocks and they were great doing night stuff away from city lights. I have a weapon mounted light, also, but a lot of times, shining a light is stupid.

83wide, ak103k, SAR and 1 other person like this.
  7. glocker1

glocker1

image.jpeg I really like using the Glock rear sight with a Night Fision Glow Dome front.,,

DougC, GlockyQ and norcalAF like this.
  8. knoxrocks222

knoxrocks222

Or just get both lol BF50457E-E335-4368-A6C3-F6F56174D79F.jpeg

DougC, Jayman28, ak103k and 1 other person like this.
  9. norcalAF

norcalAF

That's probably the most economical as well, I have hackathorns on a couple of Glocks, but only was using the front sight of the set for a while (to lazy to fuss with the sight pusher). The sights worked well, place the orange ball in the basket. In your case the green ball. This mandated time at the house has removed any excuse and I finally swapped the rears out though.

DougC and glocker1 like this.
  10. edm1

edm1

I love the HRs. Got some on my 26 a year ago and just had some put on my 43x last week. Next week getting them on my 23..then my 30s...then my 17..then ny 42..then all the rest.

DougC likes this.
  11. Spartan24

Spartan24

I have Trijicon HD XRs on my 19X. Great sights. I love the U-notch.

DougC likes this.
  12. norcalAF

norcalAF

Another option to consider is the truglo tfx/pro. I have a set on my MK40, and they are a great 3 dot setup.

DougC likes this.
  13. Tree Rat

Tree Rat CRB original

Looked at the fusion sight and Glo Domes. Thing I didnt understand is their claim that there is fitment requirements and recommendation that you not use a sight installation tool.
    What's up with that?

14. John_AZ

John_AZ

I prefer the Ameriglo Agents over the Trijicon. The Trijicons I had had a clear coating on the front sight that had a glare I didn’t like.

I use the Ameriglos on all my Glocks now. More affordable as well, especially when they go on sale at Brownells

566394CB-5A61-4B10-A7D7-F6F27D1752EF.jpeg

DougC, Pistolay and jsirles like this.
  15. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

I have tru-dots on my glocks.'08.

DougC likes this.
  16. SAR

SAR CLM

I prefer Ameriglo Bolds over Trijicon HDs. I like to carry IWB, and the Trijicon HDs have an extremely sharp trailing edge on the rear sight that will irritate your side and even cut your shirts.

P.S. I find night sights to be extremely valuable. Whoever said they are no help in the dark doesn’t shoot a lot in low light conditions. Ask anyone who does night shoots and night qualifications and they will tell you that they are a tactical advantage.

DougC, ak103k and John_AZ like this.
  17. Patchman

Patchman Florist

I installed the Ameriglo I Dot on my other Glock G19 and while I really like the orange front, I find the sights physically too tall for CCW purposes. But since it shoots to POA, that G19 was designated the HD gun.

The other Glocks (intended for CCWs) will keep the traditional 3 dot setup, with orange fronts.

And yes, night sights are de rigueur.

DougC likes this.
  18. benhar

benhar

How do you like the GlowDomes in daylight compared to the others? I’m a big fan of Ameriglo but am temped to try the Glow Domes or Perfect Dot.

19. archery68

archery68

Ameriglo on all my Glocks. I prefer the orange I dots but also like the orange hackathorn. Ameriglo has a wider range of options, are more affordable, and in my experience last just as long. The I dots I agree are a little tall, but are very useable. I have a set on a 30 Gen 4, 19 Gen 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougC likes this.
  20. norcalAF

norcalAF

Yep, hackathorns or idots on most of mine. I dots on my G31, G32 and G30, hackathorns on my G17. Truglow tfx on my G26 and G27 though. I bought the G26 with the truglows on it, and had another set already in the garage that I never got around to putting on a G19 that I ended up trading when I bought my G27, so I used them. Not Tritium, but I have Dawson precision fibers on my G35 and G41, but those were on there when I bought them.

DougC and archery68 like this.