close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking at getting a G29?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sigma_40, Feb 8, 2010.

1. sigma_40

sigma_40

I was looking at maybe getting a G29 and wonder if guys have any input? Is it worth having a 10mm and getting a conversion barrel for 40 cal?

2. texas 48

texas 48 Gold Member

Get the 29. Great weapon I have 2. Get some reloading eqipment a better investment and cheaper in the long run. You can roll your. own for 30.00 per hundred with new brass. If you save your brass cost drops to 17.00 per 100.

3. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

4. hambone33

hambone33

I love mine . It puts a grin across my face with every tug on the bang switch .

5. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

I have a G20 and the ONLY reason I bought a .40 caliber conversion barrel was to get a threaded one so I could shoot sub-sonic .40 through a suppressor as an ear-drum-safe(r) indoor HD weapon. If not for that reason, I'd have no interest in having a .40 barrel at all. Even low powered 10MM FMJ target ammo is hotter than .40 ammo is, so I'd rather practice with 10MM loads.

What I'd suggest is that you might want to look into getting a .357 Sig barrel instead. (It's sort of a 9MM magnum if you're not familiar with it.) In my opinion THAT'S a much more interesting caliber to shoot as an alternative to 10MM, because the barrel will have a much thicker wall to add weight to the gun, and the recoil characteristics of a 124 grain 9MM projectile at high speeds will be a lot different than the slower moving but heaver .40 caliber bullet. With the .357 sig conversion, you're changing the gun into something very different than just a slowed down & weaker 10MM.

6. sigma_40

sigma_40

Thanks for all the input. Should be getting one soon.