Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide on either a TRP or MC operator. Does anyone have both or has shot both?

·
Premium Member
42,182 Posts
Do you need a rail? Are you comparing a TRP Operator to a MC Operator?

A MC Operator is simply a Loaded model with a rail and a green/black finish. The TRP is lot better pistol.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Do you want a rail? If not, TRP. Do you want a stainless steel slide and frame? If yes, then TRP. Do you want a bull barrel? If yes, than TRP.

I believe the MC Operator gives the customer the option to decide what semi-custom features he wants while still giving him an excellent production pistol from the start.

The TRP has standard features that mimic semi-custom builds at a reduced cost.

Also, note the MC Operator w/rail comes with a standard bushing/GI guide rod setup, while the TRP w/rail is a bull barrel configuration, and the TRP without the rail will have the standard bushing/GI guide rod setup.

If you want to decide on a magwell or front strap checkering at a later date (and want a rail), go for the MC Operator. If you want those options in a factory configuration, go with the TRP.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The TRP is definitely a better pistol than the MC Operator. If you want a rail, how about the TRP with the bull barrel?
I am looking at the TRP with a rail. Any downsides to the bull barrel?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you want a rail? If not, TRP. Do you want a stainless steel slide and frame? If yes, then TRP. Do you want a bull barrel? If yes, than TRP.

I believe the MC Operator gives the customer the option to decide what semi-custom features he wants while still giving him an excellent production pistol from the start.

The TRP has standard features that mimic semi-custom builds at a reduced cost.

Also, note the MC Operator w/rail comes with a standard bushing/GI guide rod setup, while the TRP w/rail is a bull barrel configuration, and the TRP without the rail will have the standard bushing/GI guide rod setup.

If you want to decide on a magwell or front strap checkering at a later date (and want a rail), go for the MC Operator. If you want those options in a factory configuration, go with the TRP.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about going the MC route and then just upgrading some things on my own but I might just go the TRP route. The only thing that I don't like are the adjustable sights at this point of the TRP.

·
Premium Member
42,182 Posts
Your only option would be to have the Custom Shop make one. About $2500 and a two year wait.

No issues with the bull barrels, some like them, some do not. There is a Harrison rear sight that can be installed in place of the adjustable.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I have both the regular trp and the mc operator. My operator has work done and it ended up costing more than my trp. I prefer the trp

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I guess the TRP is it! I'll post some pics when I pick it up!

·
Registered
3,497 Posts

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
Hoping to see a picture of your TRP soon.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I've seen people like their MC Operators more after they've done some work to it. Regardless, I wouldn't hesistate to pick either one of them up. I personally prefer the barrel bushing route versus the bull barrel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts