close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Look what they're erasing from U.S. history!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Carolina Drifter, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

http://www.visiontoamerica.org/stories/read/42/Look-what-theyre-erasing-from-U-S-history-

Look what they're erasing from U.S. history!
    American heroes could get swapped for hip-hop culture in textbooks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: February 11, 2010
    12:50 am Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling

A state board of only 15 people will vote on whether to revise U.S. textbooks to omit references to Daniel Boone, Gen. George Patton, Nathan Hale, Columbus Day and Christmas.

The Texas State Board of Education will also vote on a proposal to substitute the term "American" with "global citizen."

Mathew Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, is warning Americans to speak up before only eight people, with a majority vote, have a chance to literally rewrite American history.

He appeared on the "Huckabee Show" to explain why the board's vote matters to the rest of America. Staver said Texas and California are the two largest textbook purchasers in the nation.

"Whatever textbooks they select affect the rest of the country because publishers publish those kinds of books, and the rest of the country follows," he said.

But because of California's budget crisis, the state hasn't been able to purchase as many new textbooks, he explained. So the default is Texas.

"So when this 15-member board – eight people of that will make a majority – make a decision, it will affect the entire nation," Staver said.

Those eight people could decide what children will learn in various other parts of the country.

According to Liberty Counsel, some of the suggestions that have come forward at various times include:

Removing references to Daniel Boone, General George Patton, Nathan Hale, Columbus Day and Christmas.
    Including the cultural impact of hip-hop music, ACLU lawyer Clarence Darrow and the Hindu holiday of Diwali.
    Replacing the term "American" with "global citizen" – stating that students need to be shaped "for responsible citizenship in a global society" without any mention of citizenship in American society.
    Replacing expansionism and free enterprise with imperialism and capitalism.
    Staver said one proposal suggests the name of Nathan Hale, a patriot of the American Revolutionary War, be removed and replaced with the name of a man who invented fireman helmets. He also said one proposal suggests removal of references to Independence Day.

"Those are no good anymore," Staver told Mike Huckabee. "America is looked at, not as some country that gave liberty and freedom to others around the world, but as a global villain."

He warns, one proposal suggests take the Declaration of Independence and literally erasing God from its Preamble.

"A lot of the history – particularly religious history or patriotic history and American exceptionalism – all of that will simply be removed if people around the country don't speak up," he said.

Cynthia Dunbar, an elected member of the board and assistant professor at Liberty University School of Law, said, "James Madison warned us that when error is allowed to become steeped in precedent it leads to tyranny. If an erroneous view of our American heritage is allowed to stand, that view will be even more entrenched when we revisit this issue again in 10 years. Since the board consists of only 15 members, the decision of eight individuals may determine what goes into textbooks on a national level; it is crucial that the voices of patriotic Americans be heard."

The board's next meeting is in March, and the final reading and adoption of the social studies guidelines will be in May.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  2. Smashy

Smashy

3. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Interesting. Would you be able to provide a souce? Thanks, HH

4. SRT76

SRT76

Yeah if someone could find a link to validate the story, and a way to start emailing the voters if it's true.

The Son's of the Republic of Texas will get all over this.

I am going to look too.

5. Fiery Red XIII

Fiery Red XIII Adorkable CLM

6. Armed to the teeth!

Armed to the teeth!

Global citizen? Wtf? I would enjoy watching the one who suggested that go to Iran-afgani and say hi I'm a global citizen I come in peace. Hahaha we'll see how that turns out for them. As for me I will stick with American!!!

7. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

You verify that and they will have a shyte storm rolling down pain from a whole lotta patriots! Those are OUR heroes, it's OUR history! I see this as one more attempt to undermine the very Constitution and foundations that created this nation and have thwarted European control over the US.

I tend to take the whole NWO things with a grain of salt, but this really seems to point to some level of validity to the NWO. It's one more item that points to the possibility that maybe the NWO is real and so is the threat from it. I don't know, but I do know that if this is true... it needs to be stopped regardless the moronic reasoning behind it.:steamed:

Just another example of the steamroller of stupidity running amok in this nation.

8. RustyShackelford

RustyShackelford > OD Glock 32

9. yO B

yO B

That is crazy if true. Check with these folks?

http://www.historytextbooks.org/

and this on CA, from http://www.historytextbooks.org/california.htm

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  10. geronimo509

geronimo509

I thought the next lines were going to say the Constitution

ps. I'm a proud AMERICAN and will teach my kid that if they try and teach him something different here in PA

11. RioKid

RioKid

I'll wait for verification that this real. In the mean time, I can't believe that the state of Texas would buy into this garbage. If they do that they would be obliged to start rewriting Texas history also and I can't see that happening.

12. RioKid

RioKid

Oh, they're working on it.:steamed:

13. varget

varget

can't wait to learn more about hip hop! the true distillation of our entire heritage. makes me puke.

14. RustyShackelford

RustyShackelford > OD Glock 32

Who is "they"?

15. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Aside from glorifying the criminal mindset, what exactly has been "the cultural influence of hip hop" ?

16. Glenn129

Glenn129

"They", is the state adoption of textbooks committee in Texas. What ever Texas adopts for use in their schools is such a large order the rest of the nation will be using the same books. Textbook companies used to print more regional versions of textbooks, but not anymore because the bean counters in the publishing companies forbid it. People with agendas use what ever means possible to get on the committee in order to get their beliefs taught to our children.

17. Glenn129

Glenn129

Disrespect of authority and women are 2 things I can think of.

18. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

All depends on what 15 Texans are on the board, doesn't it?

19. DRZ

DRZ

Ditto.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010