Glock Talk banner

LOOK: Man reaches for foul ball, reveals concealed firearm

1684 Views 20 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  vafish
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...all-reveals-concealed-firearm?FTAG=YHF7e3228e

LOOK: Man reaches for foul ball, reveals concealed firearm
By Mike Axisa | Baseball Writer
June 2, 2015 12:37 pm ET
Well this is terrifying.

During Monday night's Astros-Orioles game at Minute Maid park, a fan reached for a foul ball, and in doing so revealed a concealed firearm tucked into his waistband. Here's a still photo via Andrew Joseph of the Arizona Republic:
Article says, " Thank goodness, the man was an of duty police officer."

Question: Anyone know it they have the 30:06 sign posted at the entrance to the ball park?
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· In the STL
3,766 Posts
Here at Bush Stadium in St. Louis it is posted and there are walk through metal detectors at every entrance. I've heard if you are an off duty cop that you can go to a certain gate and show credentials and get in with it, but don't know for sure. I've never worried about carrying at the stadium, as most the time I'd be drinking beer also.

· Banned
45,550 Posts
Here at Bush Stadium in St. Louis it is posted and there are walk through metal detectors at every entrance. I've heard if you are an off duty cop that you can go to a certain gate and show credentials and get in with it, but don't know for sure. I've never worried about carrying at the stadium, as most the time I'd be drinking beer also.
In MO, we can't carry in any venue with more than 5000 people.

Reactions: Arklay Ishimura

· With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,892 Posts
I think no state allows firearms in stadiums.
Many states actually do, but MLB no longer does. I used to CC at Coors Field whenever I went because I knew that the homeplate gate did not have metal detectors and it is legal here. MLB notified all teams this past off season to have metal detectors at every gate at every ball park. It sucks now. I go to fewer games now.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Sounds like one of those long tail t shirts from Duluth Trading might have been a good choice.

· Registered
11,729 Posts
Hmmmmm a person carrying a loaded weapon where there are thousands of people and nobody was shot. How does this happen?
I'm with you, bro!

I'm only eight hours away from Minute Maid Park so I immediately felt in fear for my life the moment I saw this thread headline.

Time to mobilize and petition the Rainbow Coalition, the Brady Bunch, Al Sharpton's Action Network, and the Southern Poverty Law Center to investigate this threat upon the lives of me and my loved ones.

· Banned
25,596 Posts
What? No one yet? OC would have prevented this. Thank God he was a cop, can you imagine if he was just a lawful citizen? The body count would be all over the news. Thankfully those signs stop criminals from being armed there.

· Federal Member
30,588 Posts
What? No one yet? OC would have prevented this. Thank God he was a cop, can you imagine if he was just a lawful citizen? The body count would be all over the news. Thankfully those signs stop criminals from being armed there.

:cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.