close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Longmire

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Ryan-17, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Ryan-17

Ryan-17

Anyone watching it???

I am, seems like a pretty good show so far. I mean lets be honest it's no Walking Dead but it's a good show.

so who else out there is watching it???

2. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

I've been watching it. I haven't decided yet whether I really like it or not. I've watched two episodes and plan on watching a third...so I think I like it. Have to see how long it lasts

3. Ryan-17

Ryan-17

Yea I agree, nothing special but for some reason I like it. I will continue to watch it and see how it progresses.

4. ronin.45

ronin.45

I'm in the same boat. I'm enjoying so far, but I'm not hooked.

5. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

I like Katie and the 1911 with stag grips.

The rest will have to catch up, but I'll hang in.

6. jeager

jeager

I like the main character and settings.
    Guess New Mexico is easier than Wyoming for location shooting.
    Sheep, trailers, strippers and pissed-off Injuns:
    what's not to like?

7. glock509

glock509

8. Ftttu

Ftttu

I don't know how many episodes have been released but I've seen two already. Time will tell if I follow this show. I really didn't like when the deputy did a pole dance so she could get someone to identify someone in a photo she had. I liked her in Battlestar Galactica but if her character continues to do stupid things like that, I won't watch.

9. mikegun

mikegun

yep...

10. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Saw the first one. Wasn't impressed. Might wait a few more and then try again.

That last Patrick Swayze show was supposed to be good. I lasted 4 episodes. It sucked.

That railroad one on AMC was supposed to be the next Deadwood. It's dead, no wood. Lasted 5 episodes of that waiting for something to happen.

This has the flavor of the same. I only watched one episode and hope someone puts a bullet in the back of his head and puts him out of his misery.

11. blackjack

blackjack

I have got to go find this episode -- can't believe I missed it, might be the only one with any redeeming value. Otherwise, it's mostly overwritten and underacted...or some combination of those two, by degree. I looked up the books that are the source of this series and they are generally well-reviewed.

12. J_Rico

J_Rico

Yep, the pole dance thing was just stupid. Despite that, enoying okay.

13. jason10mm

jason10mm NRA-GOA-TSRA

I think it is decent. I dislike that they are focussing so much on the headspace of Longmire instead of spending time showing why a rural cop show is different/better than the 99% of urban cop shows cluttering up the airwaves. I wanna see more crime solving and less meandering ruminating. Plus the stripper case at least seemed kinda flat. The brother evidenced NO symptoms of guilt or stress earlier on? Really? Seemed like they just picked the end event from a list of 3-4 options.

It is nice to see Las Vegas (NM) and the surrounds. My wife's family is from there and she is always calling out landmarks. I wish it WAS set in NM so we could see them eating green chilie with everything :)

14. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

For the summer season it is OK.

15. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

I liked Katie Sackoff in BG. I was a bit thrown that a woman played Starbuck, but it was a good series.

16. Acujeff

Acujeff

What I have noticed that in each episode, so far, Longmire has had to notify the next of kin about the victim's death. His man of few words notification is worth watching for that alone.

If it continues to focus on character development rather than becoming a standard procedural than it's got potential.

17. NDCent

NDCent Socially Inept

I watched all 3 and like it. The 1st episode was the best so far, IMO.

Gonna be hell to pay when he figures out the deputy's doing his daughter. :cowboy:

18. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

It's a bit plain so far but I'll watch simply because of the 1911s and lever rifles. And what's-her-name from Battlestar Galactica. She is always smiling even when she's mad or sad. Kind of annoying.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  19. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

Watched episode three last night. It's coming along. It seems to be growing with each episode which is a good sign. I don't think it's going to take home any awards but it's good entertainment so far.

20. jason10mm

jason10mm NRA-GOA-TSRA

Oh man, that last ep was pretty bad. I could sorta buy that folks could maintain a "sham" horse ranch but how could they get millions in insurance with nothing to back it up?

And that gun fight. Whoa. I get the feeling they are trying to channel "Justified" levels of cool and wittiness but it is NOT working. The guys are yelling in the basement and no one hears them? Longmire runs back and forth from his car despite being under fire? He calls in all his deputies to just drive right up in front and get pinned down as well? Mob hitman sees deputy running around like a doofus shooting in the air and doesn't get suspicious? His shooting through the floor was about the only cool thing in that whole scene. Longmire ought to get jailed for chaining the guy to a beam and getting him killed.