Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Main problem with the rifle is shoot throughs; you don't want your stray round going through a couple of the neighbors' houses. If that's something you can work around then there's no reason not to go with it.

12 or 20 gage with buckshot will ruin anyone's day in short order, if shoot throughs aren't an issue then it really comes down to preference.
5.56 55gr soft-point is going to have the least over penetration (less so than 00 buck). Remember with a shotgun, you're responsible for every round down range.

An AR-15 preferable to a shotgun; a pistol is also a very good choice. You also have faster follow up shots with rifle and pistol, and generally a higher capacity.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
SHOTGUN...
For reasons already stated...
Easy target destruction, and you don't have to worry about the next door neighbor getting hit.
Why do some people assume the shotgun is doesn't follow the rules of physics? It has been proven a 55gr soft point 5.56 round will penetrate less than 00 buck. You also have to take into account that when you miss with a shotgun, you now have 9-15 pellets flying in all directions expanding, which increases the chance for collateral damage.

If I were someone's neighbor, and absolutely had to have someone miss and shoot a round randomly through my house, I would hope that it wasn't a load of 00buck.

I don't understand why this is hard to understand, but I guess there is such a huge mythology attached to shotguns that some people just can't see the facts.

And the noise? Firing either inside a building is a massive amount of sound. It's probably so much sound that at the time, you probably won't care about the difference and you'll be so full of adrenaline that auditory exclusion would kick in.

To those that really on the criminal being dumb to count in your favor I'll say this. Never let your plan rely on your enemy doing anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts