Glock Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
42,101 Posts
Do you like people living around you?
How are you getting along with other family members?
That damn dog keeping you up at night?

Forget military assault rifles for home defense unless you live in Bagdad

Maybe with the right ammo or an MP5?
But why?
You can have a Mossberg 500 for $250 and really clean house - LOL!
The whole overpenetration thing has already been addressed.

·
Banned
42,101 Posts
I'll admit I've got a 995 that's dead nutz accurate with my red dot dialed in at 25 yds. One rather large ragged hole if I do my part.

Would not hesitate to grab in SD role if necessary. For those that poopoo the carbines, must not have any personal experience using one.
I've had two Beretta Cx4s in 9mm, and while they were a ton of fun, they're highly impractical for S/HD.

·
Banned
42,101 Posts
You seem to be the one claiming they don't follow the rules of physics - a .33" 54 grain lead ball (using the measurements in NeverMore1701;s post) moving at a lower velocity, penetrates less than a pointed 55 grain (usually) mostly jackets bullet moving a LOT faster? Both physics, experience and tests say you are wrong. As far as flying in all directions - within your house the shotgun pellets aren't likely to expand much bigger than a softball before the group hits a wall.

More weight and more velocity means more penetration, even if the AR round was lead. Add a jacket and there's even more.
Been a while since I read up on it, but from what I remember the 5.56 tends to tumble and break up in drywall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.