Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lean & Mean
15,870 Posts
Shotgun, far more flexibility with the ammo. Capacity?
Jeezzzz...if You can't finish the business with 8-9 shots of 00 You are screwed (and probably dead) anyway.

·
Lean & Mean
15,870 Posts
I am not one who puts any stock in the "racking a shotgun makes them run" notion...However, were such a thing to work, I dont see how the sound of a Kalshnikov bolt slamming home would be any different.
It's because it slamms in Russian. American thugs may not understand that :supergrin:
I think that there is no right or wrong answer here. It all depends on your personal preference, budget and surraundings. Picking up the rifle is small apartment wouldn't be too smart, but if You have a piece of land it's gonna be a whole different story.

·
Lean & Mean
15,870 Posts
Are you Urban or Rural?

When you say Home Defense, do you mean:

1) Shooting at people/zombies IN your home (bad idea with a rifle because of the noise)
2) Shooting at people/zombies OUTSIDE of your home
How about the zombies on the roof?

·
Lean & Mean
15,870 Posts
I love these cowboy threads...Shotgun in the bedroom....stay in the bedroom & call Police. Clearing your own house is a fools move. If they try and come throught the door, the 12ga pushes them back out. Just me and the wife since kids are in college. No reason to look for trouble, Mike.
That's true Mike, but only for You. I have a kid in the different room across the house. Now, am I calling anyone who stays in his bedroom a craven? No.
Am I the cowboy than? Well...I think we know the answer by now. Have a good one.

·
Lean & Mean
15,870 Posts
Everyone has a different situation Nestor.
Exactly Mike and that's why calling clearing the house a "fools move" may not be the best idea here. Yes it's risky, but it may be the only, available option for some of us. I'm glad that we can agree on this. Have a good day and stay safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts