Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30,457 Posts
Although I have four loaded shotguns around the house................

I consider the AR the primary HD gun.

This is because my HD is out to 40 plus yards. There can be the possibility of collateral damage past about 20 yards with a shotgun using Buckshot or slugs.

And the pistols are in there somewhere.

·
Registered
30,457 Posts
Also, there is that wonderful chick-chack sound of the shotgun that is a great audible deterrent for anyone!
That might work on some unarmed amateurs but mostly it's Hollywood fiction, that could very well get you killed.

You never want to tell the BG anything. You be quiet and let the BG come to you.
So here's what you just told me.

Your location.
What you are armed with.
Your gun isn't fully loaded.
You probably aren't very good at this game since you believe I would be sacred away by you making noise.
You are probably alone, since I heard the gun but no talking.
You are probably scared, and already made a big mistake, so you will make another mistake like coming to see if I left.

At this time I would decide if what I came after is worth shooting you, or just leaving.

·
Registered
30,457 Posts
Personally, I think you give the average thug criminal FAR FAR to much credit for thinking about what they are doing and the environment around them.
I agree, most criminals aren't rocket scientists, and are cowards besides, but some are surprisingly smart and crafty. Makes you wonder why they just don't make an honest living. Lazy or fast money I guess.

But I never play the "averages". The BG at my place just may be that smart determined criminal/criminals. There's no way of knowing. So I think it's foolish telling this guy such things as your position, what you are armed with, etc.

The way I look at it is my BG is not "average", I consider the BG is at least as good, or better than I am and he is determined. If he's not, then he has a problem. If he is, then I better not be giving him more information that he can use against me.

You all do what you want.
There are times when intimidation might work, but all things considered, I'd rather quietly wait in the dark to get the shot before he knows I'm there.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts