close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Long time shooter, first time Glocker

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Harlequin, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

I have to admit that at first the price was intimidating. I know that my life is priceless, but spending that money on something I already had was a hard decision.

I've carried for 10 years now. I was on my fourth gun, a Taurus Millennium PT145 (post frame cracking model). It was my first DAO gun and I was having trouble adjusting to the trigger pull. I'm a decent shot but was having a hard time with the shots going a little left. This is normally not a problem so I know it wasn't shooter error. I was getting used to it though.

It just so happens that the store I shoot at (Popguns in Indianapolis is anyone wonders) just happened to have a used Glock in the case. It belonged to one of the employees who traded it in on a Kimber. The price was a little more reasonable and I was sure it was well-treated by that employee. They have a rental program there so I decided to shoot the G30 they had to see if I liked it before making a decision.

I bought it the next day. Shooting it was a whole different experience. I spent all that time trying to get adjusted to my Taurus and after about 5 shots I was already shooting better with the Glock. It was a little heavier and bulkier than the Taurus, but not much of either. The trigger pull was much more manageable.

The only thing I liked better about the Taurus is the external safety, which makes me more comfortable on a home defense gun. I solved this by keeping the Taurus around the house (except the occasional trip to the range to make sure it works) and carrying my Glock.

I'm sold. If I ever switch guns again it will definitely be another Glock. Why it took me 10 years to figure this out I'll never know...

2. AZGlock13

AZGlock13

Harlequin, Welcome aboard.:)

Glad you found a G30 and you are happy with it. My first Glock, which I still have, was the G23 (compact .40S&W). Glocks are great. I know what you mean by "man, I wish I knew about Glocks years ago".;f

Oh yeah, once you get a Glock you don't switch it out for another one, you buy more Glocks, thus adding to your Glock collection.;) Glocks are quite addicting.:cool:

AZGlock13 (G19, G21, G23)

3. vafish

vafish

Resistance is futile!

You have been assimilated;b