GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I’ve received my 5 year trophy, but haven’t ever posted. It’s a great site for information and I hope I can be a valued contributor.

My wife and I have been shooting GSSF matches in the SE for many years, with some long breaks in between. We’ve shot in our home state of Georgia, Florida and Tennessee. I wish I had the time to practice more and get closer to the top and not have to rely on $50 Random.

What got me to finally jump into the fire is what I recently found regarding Biden’s plan on implementing a $200 tax on every high-capacity magazine as well as a NFA registration just like a suppressor. Since many of the GSSF shooters arrive at a match with 10 mags for each pistol, that’s $2,000 tax for every category shot. That’s ridiculous.

All of this depends on the outcome of the Georgia Senate run off race that is in full swing. If the Democrats win their races, this is pretty much a done deal and anyone who is caught not complying with paying the tax can be convicted of tax evasion and charged $10,000 or spend 10 years in jail.

I apologize for making my first post a political one, but this run-off election has nation-wide implications and is a must win for the republicans so we don’t lose the Senate like we lost the White House.

Here’s the article laying out the plan so you don’t have to take my word on it. I sure hope this wasn’t true, but it’s on Biden’s own website.

https://www.atr.org/biden-impose-200-gun-tax

I’m
glad to be here, but wish it was under better circumstances.

·
Bitter American
607 Posts
Welcome to GT from Kentucky. You aren't alone in your concern over Biden's plans for us law abiding gun owners. In the end we'll have a nation of outlaws I imagine.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Welcome to GT. GA stay strong and get it done in January!

Reactions: rabernet

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm next door to you and I'm worried also. Welcome aboard

·
JAFO
4,494 Posts
Welcome to G.T. from southern Illinois.

·
******* country boy
191 Posts