Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info on Lone Wolfs progress (or lack thereof) on their G.A.P. slides?? (Please note that I didn't ask "what do you all think about the G.A.P.???")

· Combat Diver
3,770 Posts
I own all 3 GAP pistols so I am not questioning your caliber decision, but why not just buy an entire pistol for about $300 or so?

A better questions is what is your final outcome for buying an aftermarket G 38 slide?

· Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I own all 3 GAP pistols so I am not questioning your caliber decision, but why not just buy an entire pistol for about $300 or so?

A better questions is what is your final outcome for buying an aftermarket G 38 slide?
Ok, here's the deal. The GAP slide is WIDE.. much wider than the 19/32/23.. a lot of people that like the GAP don't like this. Lone Wolf was working on one that has the same width as the 19/32/23. I own a G23, and would not mind adding a 38 upper to it with a slide width of the above mentioned. I think there was actually a video posted a while back here as well that showed Lone Wolf testing a prototype 38 upper.

· Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Where is it exactly that you know where I can get a G38 for $300?

· Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I remember that thread.

I signed up to get their product notifications. Haven't heard anything yet.

Dave
Thanks Dave.

And thanks Cred'.

· Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cred's Cariad. I went to the GT Dist website and it shows a price tag of $414.00 for all of the GAPs.. G37/38/39.

· Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dave. Maybe they couldn't work the bugs out and scrapped the project.

· Registered
3,252 Posts
Dave. Maybe they couldn't work the bugs out and scrapped the project.
Probably not. But they've been putting out lots of other new stuff like their triggers etc. Probably take less time and return more profit.

I think something like a .45 GAP slide to 9mm frame probably has lots of testing and design improvements to take care of. Look how long it took Glock to come up with the G30S. Other individuals had done the same conversion but when you want to sell it to the general public you have to be pretty careful.

Dave

· Registered
3,966 Posts
Probably not. But they've been putting out lots of other new stuff like their triggers etc. Probably take less time and return more profit.

I think something like a .45 GAP slide to 9mm frame probably has lots of testing and design improvements to take care of. Look how long it took Glock to come up with the G30S. Other individuals had done the same conversion but when you want to sell it to the general public you have to be pretty careful.

Dave
A 45 GAP slide already runs on a 9mm frame. The 37, 38 and 39 use exactly the same frames as the 17, 19 and 26. Lone Wolf was working on a LW 23 slide modified to take a G38 barrel. Widening the breech face, etc. Maybe JR will show up here with an update.

· Registered
373 Posts

· Combat Diver
3,770 Posts
Ok, here's the deal. The GAP slide is WIDE.. much wider than the 19/32/23.. a lot of people that like the GAP don't like this. Lone Wolf was working on one that has the same width as the 19/32/23. I own a G23, and would not mind adding a 38 upper to it with a slide width of the above mentioned. I think there was actually a video posted a while back here as well that showed Lone Wolf testing a prototype 38 upper.
Understood. I had never seen this slide, but it would certainly be interesting.

· Registered
37 Posts
I asked Lone Wolf a couple of weeks ago while inquiring about a couple of other parts ,that person did not know the status of the 45 GAP Conversion

A couple of days ago I emailed Zack at LWD, as he was the one discussing it on facebook and shooting the 23/45GAP in the video, no reply as of yet

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.