Lone Wolf Trigger Stop...

Discussion in 'General Competition' started by fourrobert13, Feb 15, 2010.

1. fourrobert13

fourrobert13 I am the law.

Anyone using this? If so, what kind of results ar you or did you get with it. Thinking about it for IDPA in my G34. Or can you guys maybe recommend another type of overtravel stop?

Thanks

2. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Generally, shooting is fast/close enough in IDPa that worrying about normal levels of overtravel in a Glock trigger is such that if you are shooting slowly enough to notice the benefits...you lose... :)

3. fourrobert13

I agree with you. I have never really noticed to much overtravel in the stock trigger as it is. I wasn't just going to buy it. The 2 reviews on Midway are not the best to go by any way. I am just going to leave it as is. I wasn't having any issue with the trigger. This is what happens when I over hear guys talking during my local match, I start to think. I won ESP division this past Saturday...I think I'll stick to what I am doing. Thanks for the input.

4. mteagle1

mteagle1

If you have done the 25 cent trigger job you have done all the improvement you need. Well maybe the 6# trigger spring to improve reset.

5. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

ive done the 25 cent polish job and the 6lb trigger spring.
    im also considering the lighweight striker and spring and ditching the trigger spring.
    i ran the light striker spring before with a stock striker and i got 1 light strike and took it out. i use CCI primers.

so, for $65 or so, i can get the lightning strike lightweight steel striker. it should allow me to use my 4lb wolf spring and lighten my trigger without turning it to mush.
    i just wish i could try one out before dropping the cash for one.

6. fourrobert13

I've done the .25 cent trigger job. Where would I pick up a #6 spring. That one has me curious.

Thanks

7. HK Dan

HK Dan

It's IDPA. Y'all are putting WAY too much thought and effort into it. Go stock and quit trying to game it.

Now, USPSA? Hell yes, I run a 2 pound trigger and a short reset. I tried the LW and didn't like it. Went with the Ghost Rocket and it's been bullet proof so far.

8. fourrobert13

IDPA is a game also...so why not take advantage of things to help you win?

9. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

im not shooting idpa.
    i shoot uspsa production now

10. HK Dan

HK Dan

<chuckles> Well, JHayes, I just gave ya the recipe. If you do the lightened striker and striker spring, a lighter drop safety spring, and a heavier trigger spring, it'll be 2 and change.

The Ghost Rocket connector has an overtravel stop built on and it requires filing (get the armorer's half back plate if you order it).

I've since gone back to just the connector, all other parts are factory inside the gun. I'm still winning. I think soft triggers are over rated, and the short reset only really helps on a Bill Drill.

My IDPA gun is a bone stock G17. I shot the classifier in SSP in 78.35 seconds last time. You don't need a stinkin' trigger job to win, dude. <g>

Dan

11. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

this is what im finding out. im a modder with cars, so it translates over to guns.
    i think i just need to concentrate on my shooting more and save the gun mod money for more reloading components.
    although a nice light striker does appeal to me.
    i shoot steel challenge and USPSA production, totally opposite games and i do worse with my NEW 17 than i did with my gen 2 19. i think its because the new 17 is very stiff still. i polished it up, but it didnt seem to change anything really. (used a dremel and everything too).
    oh well. i will just keep shooting.:supergrin:

12. ecmills

ecmills I shoot guns.

The only trigger mods I had in my 34 were a LWD connector, and a LWD trigger stop.

The trigger stop is great because you can get the reset as short as possible. Easier to shoot fast w/o trigger freeze.

I hate trigger freeze.

Red Locktite the screw when setting it up. Otherwise it will slowly back off and you won't notice it.

13. mteagle1

mteagle1

Trying to catch the reset is the surest way to get trigger freeze. Do everything the same everytime and since there is take up in the first shot make every shot the first shot.

14. ecmills

ecmills I shoot guns.

If you're going to tell me to fully release the trigger for each shot, I'm going to go ahead and ignore that advice.

:)

15. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

with a stockish trigger, you can easily feel the trigger reset.
    mine actually clicks loud enough that i can hear it.

although i do know people that fully release their trigger each shot and they are national level shooters that compete with me locally too.

so, to each their own i guess.

16. WellArmedSheep

WellArmedSheep NRA Member

I tried it in two different guns (IDPA SSP 34 and USPSA Limited 24) and found it to be pretty useless in both.

Now the only trigger job I do to a Glock is a LWD connector, heavier trigger spring, and lots of lead downrange.

17. mteagle1

mteagle1

I'm not trying to tell you anything and you are free to ignore everything. Besides what I might say could get me kicked off the forum.