close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Lone Wolf Distributors Experience

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by slick slidestop, Oct 12, 2001.

1. slick slidestop

slick slidestop

I recently made my first online order from Lone Wolf. I ordered a G33 barrel to drop in my G27. When it arrived, I opened up the package to instead fing a Magazine for a g33.

The invoice in the package read right, and someone checked off what was supposedly sent out, but it was wrong.

I called and spoke to Dan I believe, who seemed astonished that such a mistake was made. He said to send the Magazine back and he would ship the bbl. Since I had payed for 3 day UPS, I felt as if I had been in a way overcharged due to the fact I wouldn't get my product for more than one week. I let it be known that It would be nice to give me 1 or 2 day Shipping.

He agreed to ship it 2 day air and not charge for any shipping. He called me back as promised within about 10 minutes and we worked out all the details to make sure I didn't get charged 2 times for the bbl.

The BBL arrived today as promised, The invoice in the package was correct, and I have to say that even though There was a mistake made, Lone wolf and Dan promptly took care of the problem. I will definitely give them more of my business.

Also, I later learned through this site that either the owner or a long time employee's young son had suddenly passed away. I am very impressed that everyone was so professional with me now knowing that they were grieving for a loved one. My BBL problems suddenly meant nothing to me.

anyway, shop at Lone wolf, they will do you right.

2. CMA G21

CMA G21

I've ordered twice from Lone Wolf (so far).

Both times were very good experiences.

Good products, fast shipping, friendly & helpful service.

I highly recommend them! ;f

3. G17Man

G17Man Millennium Member

I have ordered from thema few times. I am - overall - satisfied with the results.

I do think they charge a little much for "handling" in the "Shipping & Handling" Line.

I was charged $4.75 for shipping via first class mail. The merchandise total in the package was $21.00. The postage needed on the envelope was $0.80. They added insurance coverage for $51-$100 (costs more), should have cost $1.10 and they used a level that cost $2.00.

So it should have cost $1.90 ($0.80 +1.10) plus a padded envelope (I pay 0.39 for the ones like they use). So the MOST it should have cost to send was about $2.30. ITs not my fault they over-insured. So they made $2.45 in pure profit just for mailing my order. A litle rediculous.

Similar shipping situations occured on each order I've made.

Aside form the S&H, I have always been pleased.

4. slick slidestop

slick slidestop

I think I only paid $10.00 for 3 day UPS on a total order of about $130.00.

I have been charged more at other places.

5. ParaGlock

ParaGlock Tau of Meow

Lots of places make a significant profit from shipping charges. It's one of the games you have to learn to play if you're going to buy over the 'net, or via phone.

I'm not saying the place in question does; I've never dealt with them, and $4.50 seems reasonable on a $21 order, to me.

Now, GlockMeister charging $6.50 to ship two little plastic parts ($12 worth of merch.) seems high to me... Especially when they want to charge you the same $6.50 if you order a $5 part!

Ammobank has free shipping on orders over $30. That's the way they should do it!

6. Number 6

Number 6 We Take a Peek

i agree... quick service, not bad prices...

re: profits on shipping charges... i'd much rather pay shipping charges where a company or individual profits than buy locally and pay useless sales taxes...

7. switch625

switch625 S. S. Squirrel

so called S&H annoys me too. i try to find it locally or order from somebody that ships priority. if i'm gonna pay for it i'd rather not put up with ups slow service.

8. glockshootist

glockshootist

Every order I have made with Lone Wolf has resulted in quality service/products and quick shipping (Priority mail insured). He is one of us, and I highly recommend this company.

9. francar

francar

Last week I ordered one 'O' ring from Remington Arms for my 12 gauge Rem 1100. Cost was $3.40. Used to get them years ago for $.50 each. 'Shipping and handling' cost was $6.95. They shipped UPS when they could have put it in an envelope with a $.34 stamp on it. Customer Service? Only if you are not the customer.

10. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

I have been extremely happy with Lonewolf.

11. Beaten

Beaten Brand X

What is there web page url?

12. CMA G21

CMA G21

13. MercuryHayze

MercuryHayze

I hate to go against the grain here, but I placed an order w/ lone wolf last thursday, choosing the priority next day option, I was promised delivery by the 11th and it is now the 13th w/ no package ;Q

I wish they wouldn't call it "Next Day Air". In my experience it's alwase next week....

14. dwestfall

dwestfall Millennium Member

15. AAshooter

AAshooter

No direct experience but they seem to have a good reputation . . . several people have recommended them.