Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Discussion in 'Sponsor Showcase' started by Eric, Oct 26, 2008.

1. DRMMRJL

DRMMRJL

So I shot my CTW frame this weekend in a 3 gun comp. And I had probably 10 malfunctions. Sometimes every 3rd or 4th round, very frustrating. It seemed like a failure to fire, could have been a light primer strike but that seems unlikely. I have shot this same batch of ammo with my stock glock many times with zero problems.

The problem is that in a competition you don’t have time to diagnose issues you just have to get the gun up and going and continue your COF. I’ll see if I can attach a video of one of the stages.

But from what I could tell, the trigger reset and the gun went click but did not ignite the primer. So I’m almost wondering if the trigger was resetting but not the striker. I would tap rack and every time a unfired bullet would eject from the chamber. Like I said seems unlikely that I would have that many bad primers or that many light primer strikes on a gun that I’ve never had problems with.

2. DRMMRJL

DRMMRJL

[​IMG]

I guess you'll have to click on the video too see. Nothing too exciting, cause you cant really see whats going on with the gun.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

3. smokey45

smokey45

The LW frame was announced in 2008. Looks like it still has problems. Wish they had gotten it right. Would have liked to try one. It's been 6 years, I've moved on.
    Good luck.
    s45

4. JR

JR CEO Lone Wolf Distributors Moderator Millennium Member

Unfortunately you did not put in any range time prior to attending the competition. I am sure the light strike situation would have reveled itself at that point. If anything, chalk this up to "lesson learned, never repeated".
    Unfortunately again, all you needed to do is pick up one of the unfired (FTF) cartridges to verify it had a light strike. I have "been there, done that". Its easy to confirm by reloading and shooting the unspent round right there. Your video appeared to be a local match so I am surprised the RO did not encourage you to do so?
    Maybe you are using a stock Glock upper? If so, I assume you have used this ammo with this upper? If so, I would forgo the bad primer theory. Just wondering what parts & peaces you have assembled. I could diagnose the issues in mins if I had all the pieces.

5. DRMMRJL

DRMMRJL

JR I absolutely agree! I should have not done that. There were a few 9mm rounds on the ground and from what I could tell they did not have a firing pin strike on them at all. I am using a stock upper. And yes I have shot this batch of ammo with my stock frame with zero issues. I was not able to gather enough of the ejected rounds (I only found 2) to accurately diagnose the issue. I am planning a range trip soon where I will re assemble the frame and test in a more controlled environment. I do appreciate you responding and giving advice. It shows you guys care.

6. JR

We have delivered several hundred CTW frames to date. Trigger bar engagement is bound to raise its ugly head sooner than later. This is/was an issue for early Glock pistols and its going to happen to us too. We can easily deal with it. Let us know what you find?

7. DRMMRJL

DRMMRJL

Would trigger bar engagement be a feasible culprit for what i am describing?

8. clackattack

clackattack

could trigger bar engagement be an issue for current and recent gen 3 glocks? I can see it being an issue for early gen 3's but not recently produced.

9. DRMMRJL

DRMMRJL

Well I went and shot it again this weekend. A little over 100 rounds half of those suppressed. Had zero malfunctions, maybe when I took it all apart, and put it back together again, I reassembled it just right. Who knows...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  10. gfree

gfree

JR:

Any of the slim GAP test slides out? If so, any reports? If you need any more testers, I have plenty of 185 & 200 Lawman I can contribute. Excited to hear any updates.

11. JR

There are very few of these GAP conversions out there. We are currently building them in batches of 10. You will need to contact Zack at [email protected] to get in with the distribution list

12. Trapped_in_Kali

Trapped_in_Kali

Hey JR,
    I haven't followed this thread for a while, what is the latest on the G20/21 frame?

13. JR

I have all the data in place. We will most likely start the mold making process after SHOT. We could possibly have them next year about this same time

14. Jocosglock

Jocosglock

wish you the bestwith it, im looking forward to getting on board with one myself.

15. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long

16. gfree

gfree

JR, is there something tricky about the GAP round math wise that makes this lighter slide difficult?

Pardon me, I do not reload so I do not know what changes between 11.43 x 23 & 11.43 x 19 if you do not allow for much pressure increase?

17. JR

The slide we use started life as a G23. The slide GI uses is larger. It has nothing to do with cartridge power.
    I hope this explains, I don't completely understand the question?

18. gfree

gfree

Perhaps i don't have the proper terminology to ask my question. Bottom line - is the extra weight on the Glock slide for function or attenuation of recoil?

If I remember correctly, Glock/Speer never mentioned the heavy slide until the finished GAP guns were shown. I do not remember any published explanations and this gave me the impression that GAP was a finicky round that gave manufacturers problems. A round that could not achieve it's balistic objectives in some guns without changes to the gun itself?

19. JR

Glock may have gone with the 45 series slides for either of those reasons? Our tests indicated the cartridge will run on 9/40 slide weights. Maybe we are on a reliability edge without knowing it?
    Really, how would we know unless went there? We have a dozen of these samples getting the snot run out of them. Here is a thread in Cal Corner https://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1545752 LWD chimed in at post 20

20. WDN

WDN

Its been awhile since the release of this frame. Has there been any problems with the final release? Are sales going as expected?

Besides, I wanted to bring this back to the top. It gets buried very quickly with Copes using this forum as nothing more than one big ad page.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015