Glock Talk banner
1,321 - 1,340 of 1,919 Posts
This is what I expected from you "beta-test" guys. You are pretty much advanced when compared to general Glock owners. If you have an issue, you should be able to try several alternative resolves. If the frame is still unacceptable, return it. I have another run of them slated for delivery this month.

Still not sure it's the frame, might be the Glock regular trigger assembly (trigger and cruciform trigger bar and the Glock slim trigger housing combined together).

Changing that component might give a better pull, I don't know. I'm not ready to give up the frame. Any way I can get another slim trigger housing to try that? Or maybe a slim trigger housing and another trigger assembly from a slim model?

One more question, is the trigger assembly, itself, different on stock Glock models that use the slim trigger housing compared to the regular trigger housing? What I mean is the actual cruciform trigger bar different on models using the slim trigger housing compared to the regular trigger housing? That could also have a great affect on the pull.

All Gen1 through Gen3 Glock pistols were issued with a standard Trigger Housing. The SF Trigger Housing was introduced in the Gen4 series and it is very different indeed.
The Lone Wolf SF Trigger Housing is the same as the Glock SF Trigger Housing. FYI: We started building them because we couldn't get them from Glock Inc.

All Gen1 through Gen3 Glock pistols were issued with a standard Trigger Housing. The SF Trigger Housing was introduced in the Gen4 series and it is very different indeed.
The Lone Wolf SF Trigger Housing is the same as the Glock SF Trigger Housing. FYI: We started building them because we couldn't get them from Glock Inc.

JR,

When you get back from fishing, can I get one of your slim trigger housings to try out? I think the problem is with either the slim housing or the trigger bar.

I noticed also that the pull is significantly heavier with the slim trigger housing and the LWD frame. I'm really wondering if the trigger bars are different, like maybe a bit shorter, or maybe the geometry is slightly different than the regular trigger bar. Any idea where I can get a slim trigger mechanism (trigger and bar)?

Finally getting around to posting after my testing....just a few (mostly nitpicky) things and a couple 'o questions.

When I try to run the slide on the frame after field-stripping, I run into the problem where the ejector hits the slide plate cover and I have to 'jump' the slide over the ejector to get it all the way on.

Would this possibly be from the TH not being seated far enough in the frame? You can see a gap between the TH and the frame on the LWD frame but not on the glock frame. It seems to be a very close tolerance on the Glock frame where the slide just BARELY passes the slide plate cover and that little bit of height difference in TH's might make the difference. Here's a few pics for reference...

Glock Frame (no gap between TH and frame)

LWD Frame (slight gap between the TH and frame)

Side by side. I know what I'm trying to explain is hard to see here, but I thought I'd attempt to get some pics...

I did have one mag drop while shooting. With only one, I didn't think much of it....

The way the mag sits in the mag well is not quite square. Again, nitpicky, but thought I'd share...

Glock Frame

LWD Frame

Finally getting around to posting after my testing....just a few (mostly nitpicky) things and a couple 'o questions.

When I try to run the slide on the frame after field-stripping, I run into the problem where the ejector hits the slide plate cover and I have to 'jump' the slide over the ejector to get it all the way on.
Looks like your left side rear rail sits higher than the right rail. If they were correctly aligned, you would have a real problem getting the slide past the ejector.

I have exactly the same problem with my frame. The uneven frame rails are causing malfunctions and excessive wear on the trigger bar cruciform. No point shooting this thing anymore. Without even and straight frame rails are bets are off.:dunno:

Some of the prototype frames developed a raised rail on the rear set. This was a simple oversight caused by our switch from machined rails to stamped rails. I can assure you all the frame rails were ground to match a common bering surface so the slide should run regardless of the rail tip. If you do not agree or feel your prototype is unsatisfactory in any way, please return it to me. I have no problem issuing a credit in full towards the next round of frames.

Some of the prototype frames developed a raised rail on the rear set. This was a simple oversight caused by our switch from machined rails to stamped rails. I can assure you all the frame rails were ground to match a common bering surface so the slide should run regardless of the rail tip. If you do not agree or feel your prototype is unsatisfactory in any way, please return it to me. I have no problem issuing a credit in full towards the next round of frames.
The uneven frame rails have been addressed before. Some had them uneven and some didn't. Mine has been good so far. The only problem I have ran into is the tight mags but that too can be easily modified.
The fact that some people are unhappy with their prototypes and can return them for full credit speaks volumes for LWD and I applaud JR & Co for that. I am sure the production frames will be perfect. This whole project has been fun and I don't think any manufacturer has ever offered this to the public before. Keep up the great work and service.

O

I do have something to add regarding the new grips.

I inserting a mag with some force a few weeks after getting the replacement grips and to my surprise the grip came off. I inspected the retention tab and compared it to the other grip which I have not used yet. It appears that the tab on the grip that was on the frame has lost its initial shape.

Deformed grip

different view

unused grip

I thought I'd share a photo. My G35. Factory barrel, Lone Wolf G35 slide refinished in brushed stainless, Williams fiber optic Fire Sights, Timber Wolf frame with a Lightning strike trigger, adjustable pre-travel set screw, over powered trigger spring, under powered striker spring, 3.5lb connector, Jeager stainless spring guide with a Wolf 11lb mail spring, fluff and buff wearing an Insight M3 next to my Kershaw 1820. I love this thing.

Prototype players: We ran the new mag releases last week. I am waiting for delivery. Should be able to ship late this week. If you need one email me direct at jshepard@lonewolfdist.com include your name & mailing address.

Paulbow: This is the first I have heard regarding any problem with the grip? Any chance you could mail the faulty piece to me? Priority Mail would be great.

Tootless: NICE!

I got my new magazine release (thanks to JR and Anna), and I have installed it. Now just waiting for the rain to stop, so I can test it.

I really did not notice a difference between the magazine releases based on a quick visual inspection, so testing will be key to determining if the dropped magazine issue is now gone.

On a side note: If you have contacted me regarding replacement parts, once you receive them I expect you guys to destroy the old parts. I do not want them accidently getting mixed up with anything else.

FYI: You will not notice any difference in the grips or mag release by looking at them side by side. There is only .010 difference in critical areas. This is why I need you to be sure to get rid of the old parts.

I have received one complaint regarding the new grips slipping.

FYI: The new replacement grips have a small shelf located below the locking lever. This shelf limits the lever from protruding into the magazine well. Once the grip is installed, you can verify the amount of lever engagement by looking down into the frame handle. If you have an issue with the grip slipping you can remove material from the shelf to obtain 100% lever engagement.

My new grips have been very solid. I have practiced many reloads without a problem. I received my new mag release but have not shot it yet. The right side slightly protrudes creating an uneven surface.After I shoot it a little, I'll probably sand it down a touch until it's flush.

Hey JR. I never got to fill out the survey while I was reviewing. the link on the LWD website doesn't work anymore. is there a new survey?

1,321 - 1,340 of 1,919 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.