Glock Talk banner
321 - 340 of 1,919 Posts
Many years ago we were allowed to purchase frames direct from GI. They stopped offering the frames when they found we were in the custom gun business. I HAVE recently purchased several frames from GI however they were all replacements for blown guns. We had to return the blown frame directly to GI for inspection or they would not let the replacement frame leave the factory. BTW: Our cheapest cost was $175.

Once in awhile you will see LWD offer brand new 3nd gen frames. We are able to this by purchasing GI factory rebuilds (complete guns) and dismantling them for sale as parts.

JR,

If the sign up is still going on Id like to get in on the new frame test list for the 17/21 Frame really bad. I have my standard G22 internals and ammo. SInce it is coming to NY I can assemble it at My FFLs and take it to get it fired No big deal what so ever. Unless you can send my a "USED" Frame on paper.

Thanks,
-John F

About how much would a complete G34 type gun cost?

You're about $425 for the top end ( OEM internal parts, LWD barrel ). Lower should come in at $200. I didn't look up the price on the lower parts, shouldn't be more then $40-60 ( for OEM parts ).

Man, talk about bad timing. I've been following this since I can't tolerate the glock grip angle, and was thinking I'd wind up with a G23 lower. But if it's true that Glock is going to offer an adjustable grip, then 99% of why this interested me goes away.

I really appreciate all the effort LWD must have put in to this and wish you guys lots of luck on the project!

Glock Inc has a carbine.....

Glock Inc has a adjustable grip.....

Heard this before, will believe it when I see it.

Even "if" they produced an "adjustable grip" model I guarantee it would be larger than ours, will not have the same features and only be available as a complete unit.

I don't know if Glock will introduce it or not. Obviously I hope they do, because the grip size never bothered me, I actually liked the reatch. I just can't take how it points too high for me.

But your point that there are a lot of Glocks already out there and that Glock won't sell just the lower are valid. If I hadn't sold mine, I'd consider your frame.

Personally, I think this is going to be great for us tinkerers who have customized with a long slide, and now have a stock slide sitting in the safe. Bang, for $200 I get a whole new pistol! Sort of, anyway! ;-)

The wait is killing me, but I know its better for everyone in the long run to get the product right before release...

I have a short attention span. They were announced what, 9-10 mos ago here on GT? I didn't make the shot show, it might have been my only chance to see one. Bout to give up hope here an move on to another project. Oh well----------------!
s45

Unfortunately I did not get right back to you guys with an update. The latest frame samples showed a couple minor issues with mold smearing and shrinkage so I expect a few weeks will be needed to resolve them. It seems we will be delayed yet again but what the heck. My new target delivery date is August

I appreciate everybody's patience regarding the delays. If you are out of patience then by all means, move along to the next project where ever that may be? What some of you do not realize is building these frames is no light task. Yah sure, its really no big deal to build 1 or 2. I have a couple working models in hand now. They cost about $50K each. The problems come up when you try to build several thousand and get the price down.

No offense intended JR. I understand to a very small extent the headaches of developing a new product. I have bought and continue to buy the majority of my Glock parts from LWD, and have been very satisfied with your products. In the future, when your new frame is on the market, I'm sure it will interest me again. Yep, I'm not blessed with the virture of patience. Have to stay busy to keep the demons in check! Soooooo, on to building my 2011 Limited gun. Good luck with the frames! I'll be keeping up with your progress.
Best,
s45

Smokey, you are not the only one to complain (I don't blame you). Problem is, I cant ship them until they are right.

As it should be. Wouldn't expect less from LWD!

Frame schedule is 17/22, 19/23, 20/21
s45
:thumbsup:

321 - 340 of 1,919 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.