Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lone Wolf Conversion barrels?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hometheaterman, Feb 28, 2010.

1. hometheaterman

If I used a Glock 27 with a 9mm Lone Wolf conversion barrel would I still use the magazines for the G27 or could I use the ones from the G26? Are there any downsides to this conversion barrel? The reason I ask is when trying to decide between the 26 and 27 I originally planned to get the 26 for two reasons. The main one being how much cheaper ammo was. The second one being there were 33 round magazines for the G26 that sounded like a lot of fun. Now I'm wondering if I wouldn't be better off with the G27 and buying one of these barrels. Are they any less reliable than the pistols in stock form? Can you use the 33 round 9mm magazines from the G26 with these conversion kits in a G27?

So which is better to go with a G27 with this barrel or to go with a G26 in the first place?
  2. Dan8705

Dan8705 Aspiring LEO

City of Thorns
    Since the 27 is a .40 and a 26 is a 9mm, why would you try to put 9mm in your .40 cal mags? It wouldnt work. If your using a conversion barrel, use the mags made for that caliber. Thats why theyre different. 26 mags are for 9mm and 27 mags are for .40. I almost bought a 19 but realized that if i bought a 23 i could shoot both .40 and 9mm if i bought the conversion barrel. If youre concerned about being able to shoot different calibers with one gun get the 27.
    Now, Lone Wolf make some good stuff. I havent had any problems with their products. Having said that, the Glock barrel was made to fire in the Glock pistol. It will always work best that way. I have heard a lot of pros and cons to using aftermarket barrels. Pros may be the fact that you can switch calibers, while cons could be that it may not work as smoothly as a glock original.
    If youre planning on carrying it on you, leave the original .40 barrel in it. I wouldnt trust anything else. But if youre going to the range to practice and want to shoot 9, then itd be fine to throw the conversion barrel in there and shoot away.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010