close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lone Wolf barrels?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by richardoldfield, Sep 15, 2006.

1. richardoldfield

richardoldfield

What does our cast know about Lone Wolf barrels? I want to know the good, bad, and the ugly about Lone Wolf barrels Why do I ask? I ordered a Lone Wolf 357 Sig conversion barrel for my Glock 23. I am interested in seeing how it compares to the the off brand 357 Sig conversion barrel I have for my G27. The cost of the Lone Wolf barrel was $89.95 vs about $180 for a Bar-Sto barrel. Regards, Richard :D

2. Patrick Graham

Patrick Graham Footlong Jr.

I've plowed through 4 Lone Wolf Barrels so far, one was a lone wolf in 357 sig for my G27.

First thing to note is that the aren't exactly drop in because they have extra metal on the step in front of the chamber so you can take some off if it shoots high.. It kind of helps to have adjustable sights so you can do less work on the barrel to make it shoot where your sights are pointing.

Other than that.. no problem.. They look kind of nice in the gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Patrick: The barrel you have was manufactured for LWD by Storm Lake. This barrel is no longer available from LWD, is not fully supported and yes it did have some "drop in" problems. The new line of LWD barrels are drop in, fully supported and cheaper ($89.95) than the previous advertised models.

4. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16

Do the Lone Wolf threaded barrels come with thread protectors?

5. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

I've got 3 LWD barrels, a 40S&W for my G27 (cuz I shoot a lot of homeloads), and 40S&W and a 357 Sig barrels for my G35. They all shoot a bit better than the OEM barrels and the machining looks really sharp and geometrically..........uh......loss for words....
    .........okay...geometrically arousing, yeah, that's it. The 5" 357 Sig barrel smokes!!! I'm very pleased with them and want to get a 357 Sgig barrel for my G27 soon. Oh yeah, and there's are waaaay more chamber support too. For the price, ya' can't really go wrong.

6. JR

The LWD threaded barrels do not include thread protectors however we do have them available in 1/2 x 28 for $10. We will have the other thread pitches available soon, 9/16 x 24 and .578 x 28

7. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16

JR,

Is there any way of getting your Glock threaded barrels and thread protectors with a black finish to match the color of the pistol? The stainless steel really stands out too much on a black pistol IMHO.

8. ColoradoPacker

ColoradoPacker What's a Glock?

My Lone Wolf threaded 9mm conversion for G23 dropped right in and functions flawlessly. We just had a Colorado silencer meet today without a single failure, and I'm at over 500 rounds in 2 weeks now with one FTE in the first 20 shots.

9. glockendoc

glockendoc

G23 and G27 conversion 9mm LWD barrels and a G17 comp

first note esp the 17 hits high compared to OEM

all these barrels transfer heat to shooter much more than OEM, though no burns yet. heat very noticeable in the holster.

spits rounds directly to my 12 o'clock top of hat occassionally.

but, most of all is extreme enjoyment shooting with all of them.

no mods made - just dropped in.

the LWD logo , JR - very nice looking compared to newer cheaper version.

gd

10. boze2043

boze2043

I like the logo but I think the word "distributors" cheapens the look. When I see the word distributors I think of a warehouse full of people running around on fork lifts loading and unloading trucks with stuff manufactured by an out side vendor waiting to be shipped to a store. I would be more impressed if I could look at a part and get the impression that some one took the time to build that part in house and carefully packaged it just for me when I ordered it.

11. glockendoc

glockendoc

hey Boze -

I have had several dealings with LWD over the past 2 years and have "felt" (I'm such a feeling kinda guy) like they actually packaged it pretty personal and they always have dealt with my novice questions on products or parts per email as if I emailed my O'Reilly auto parts guy and he finds it right away and makes me "feel" good all over.

nah - no kidding - they provide an excellent service for a very fair price.

gd

12. Joe D

Joe D Guest

I consider the LWD barrel to be equal to the Bar-Sto and KKM at half the cost. The new barrels are drop in.

13. boze2043

boze2043

Sounds like you took my post the wrong way. All I meant was that the word "DISTIBUTORS" on such a fine looking barrel cheapens the appearance to me. The picture of the wolf and the words "LONE WOLF" looks pretty cool.

14. SurveyMan

SurveyMan Hoosier Daddy?

I have a 3 year old 9mm barrel, extended and threaded (wrong I might add) for my G32.

I notice now that I practice outdoors much more that it shoots very high. Help me with this issue please!

It's not that there is something wrong with the threading, it's just the wrong size- it's 1/2x32 or 24tpi when my suppressor for the 92FS is 1/2x28tpi.

Is there a way to upgrade or trade in this barrel? It's got less than 500 rounds through it.

Joe R

15. glockendoc

glockendoc

16. JR

Boze: The barrel referred to in this thread is the old style. That barrel and engraving are no longer available from LWD. Our new line of barrels are superior to any previously offered and feature a different wolf on the hood.

SurveyMan; Is the barrel you are referring to a LWD barrel? Sounds like it works ok it just has the wrong threads for your application. I am sure you could move it here on GT or eBay.

17. LittleLebowski

LittleLebowski Urban Achiever!

Any way to get it plane-jane? No offense but I don't dig the logo at all.

18. Skpotamus

Skpotamus

JR, any way to get a LW barrel for a Glcok 30? Please :)

19. JR

LittleLebowski: Yes we have some un-marked barrels that are tattooed on the underside of the barrel. If your looking for one I recommend you talk with Dan at ext 100

Skpotamus: Sorry, no plans for a G30 barrel at this time.

20. DeeZee

DeeZee

A good friend of mine (really!!:supergrin: ) just picked up a LW 9mm conversion for his 23 last week. He ordered it 9am the 21st, and it arived in Tn on Saturday the 23rd.....LWD HAS to have connections with the dang teamsters to get things moving that quickly. ;)
    All Ive got to say on the matter is my friend is thoroughly impressed,as am I. Granted, hes only put 400 rounds through it so far....but those were 400 flawless rounds mind you..POI was right on.
    I guess I pushed my friend in LWD's direction from the feedback Ive read here on GT, now Ive seen 1st hand what you get when you order from them......Im sold.

Dave