close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrelss for G23

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Marine0369, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Marine0369

Marine0369

I am looking at getting the above. What are your opinions if you have it or have owned it?

Lone Wolf: LWD-239N

Match grade replacment barrels from Lone Wolf Distributors are manufactured from the highest grade mill select 416 stainless forgings. CNC machined and heat treated, providing a life time of service and unparalleled accuracy at an affordable price. The standard lands and grooves rifling make this an excellent choice for those who wish to shoot lead, plated or jacketed bullets. Can be used in factory ported or stock pistols. Intended for use in the Glock 23,32 pistols only. Converts your .40 cal. Glock into a 9mm! Special features include: Ready to use, pre-fit drop in. No gunsmithing required. Precision machined from heat treated 416R stainless forgings. Oversized lock-up area produces greater shot-to-shot accuracy. Tighter dimensions than the original. Polished feed ramp and bore, diamond turned exterior Maximum chamber support, improved feed ramp design. Match grade broach cut rifling and target crown. OK to use lead, plated or jacketed bullets. Lifetime warranty. Lone Wolf Distributors will replace any of our barrels or barrel accessories which are found to have manufacturing or material defects. Customer modifications or the use of reloaded ammunition will void this warranty.

I am also looking at the Storm Lake:
    Drop-in barrels let you convert your Glock to a different caliber simply by changing the barrel and adding a magazine in the new caliber (available separately). Machined from stainless steel for superior strength, accuracy, and performance. Tight tolerances (+/- 0.001" to 0.002") in all critical areas. Cut broach rifling with 1-16" twist enables shooting of jacketed and lead bullets. Models available for Glock 22, 27, and 30. Magazines indicated in the table below will provide the correct fit with the bottom of the grip frame.

Thanks for your time!
    Mike

2. JDMitchell

JDMitchell

I will say this, if you want it right now don't go with the Storm Lake. I know it will be worth the wait but I am going on three weeks now since I ordered my barrel. Estimated ship date is 9 March.

3. Marine0369

Marine0369

Where did you order it from? They are in stock at Brownell's.

4. sourdough44

sourdough44

I have used a KKM 9mm coversion barrel in my Glock 23. I like the setup & it is of fine quality(USA made), just a few 9mm mags & you are ready. I did find a marked improvement with cycling issues when I put in a reduced power recoil spring. I was shooting mid level 115 grn reloads & had some cycling issues.

I got a 'captive' spring from 'brass-stacker' on fleabay, don't have the pound level right here. The theory is with the 9mm barrel you have more mass, smaller bore. That leaves more weight/mass to overcome while cycling. A lighter spring ($20 or so) helped reliability a lot. Since I have this I may just get a Glock 27 next.

5. tinman517

tinman517

I use the LWD conversion barrels in both my 23s and a 27. They run perfectly at the range. I have had no issues with these barrels.

6. Marine0369

Marine0369

Thanks. I think I'll go with the LW.

7. austinmc

austinmc

I use Lone Wolf in both my 22 & 23, no issues.

8. JDMitchell

JDMitchell

I ordered through Storm Lake. I am getting a G23 barrel that is double ported. I am not complaining, I just wanted to make sure that the OP was aware that production might be a little slow. I am sure I will be happy with the product, and would probably do it again even though there is a long wait.

9. abq87120

abq87120

I have a couple of LWD's for my G23. When the gun was new, the 40-9 needed 124g bullets to avoid the occasional stove pipe. Their FAQs now say to run a mag or two of +P through it to loosen up the chamber. My gun has about a case or two of ammo through it now and the 40-9 shoots just fine. The 357 Sig round is a hoot to shoot. i highly recommend the LWDs.

10. barth

barth six barrels

I ordered an extended ported Isonite QPQ finish barrel Xmas day
    directly from Storm Lake and have a re-scheduled ship date of 3/16/2012.

I think MidwayUSA is a major distributor for Storm Lake though.
    They have lot's of popular Storm Lake barrels in stock that
    you can get for about $145 including shipping.
    They generally ship in 24 hrs and you have it in hand 3 business days later.
    I got a G23 40 and a G23 40-9mm conversion for my G27 from Midway.
    And that was my experience with them.

If Midway has the barrel, it's cheaper and faster getting a Storm Lake through them.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  11. JDMitchell

JDMitchell

I would have went through Midway but they said that the model I wanted was backordered.

12. cole

cole Millennium Member

For Glocks, best I can recall, in 9mm and .45acp, I've owned 3 LWD (one 40-9), two Storm Lake (one 40-9) and two KKM. I don't bother with 40-9 conversions now (just went 9mm instead), and I stick with stock for anything but lead. The LWD are very good barrels, the Storm Lake was fine as well. My (only current) LWD in my G30 is a champ and seems a bit more accurate/consisent than my stock barrel. The LWD and KKM were much tighter than stock (some ammo/reloads may not run), the Storm Lake not so much. I prefer the KKM barrel, but prefer the LWD price more.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  13. dyobvk

dyobvk

Suscribing....

14. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf

I have a LWD 9mm threaded barrel for G23. It works well, that's all I have to say.

15. Spydermonkey

Spydermonkey in ur rearview

I have a LWD 40-9 for my G22 that I use every week for indoor competition during the winter. No problems here, I shoot lead and plated bullets.

16. ShotRePeter

ShotRePeter

i'd like to hear more about them too, is the conversion reliable enough for edc? (yeah i know, if i wanna carry 9mm, then I should stick with a stock 19)

17. silversport

silversport

ShotRePeter,

I carry my G23 either with the latest G32 357 SiG barrel or my Storm Lake conversion .40/9mm barrel...with the Storm Lake conversion barrel, 125GR Gold Dots and G19 magazines, mine has been 100% reliable and I have and do on occasion carry mine for self defense/off duty LEO...

I have plenty of choices and have no qualms about carrying my G23 wanna be G19 with the Storm Lake conversion barrel and I wouldn't bet my life on something unless I thought it would be 100% reliable...good luck with your choice...

Bill

18. barth

barth six barrels

I've got 800+ rounds of LE Speer GDHP and Winchester Ranger Ts through my G27 with a Storm Lake 40-9mm conversion barrel with ZERO issues.

I carry this gun, loaded with 9mm 127 +P+ Ranger Ts, for self defense with confidence.

19. ShotRePeter

ShotRePeter

oh good, I have a gen3 19 at the moment but want to move to a .40 cal, and have gotten many offers to trade my 19 for a 23 on my local trader. I like the 9mm round and i'd like to keep it around (pun intended lol), I learned to shoot on my dads glock 17, buts its also all i've ever shot pistol wise besides .22 and .380 and I'd like to explore different calibers. I figured if I can work a .40 effectively, then I'll be able to work my 9 even better...Thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna go ahead with the trade and then purchase a convo barrel