close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lone Wolf 40-9 & dummy rounds: sadbanana.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HOV, Jan 18, 2010.

1. HOV

HOV

I just received my Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel. Threw in the barrel and a 9mm mag with some dummy rounds, and had problems with pretty much every round.

Anyone have problems with the conversion barrel using dummy rounds, but it works fine at the range?

I suppose I'll get a G19 extractor anyway, but just wanted to hear some stories.

2. azdick

azdick

By dummy rounds I assume you mean snap caps. I use them in my training sessions (no LIVE ammo allowed in my classroom. I have yet to find any of them that cycle reliably when hand cycling the slide (for example, having a full mag w/ dummys and trying to rack them all out). They give a little less problem with the stock glock barrels, which have looser tolerances. The aftermarket barrels are cut to tighter specs, so will show the problem a little more. The idea is to slip a snap cap into an unknown location in the mag, and watch the shooter's when firing. A flinch will really show up & you get the opportunity to get a tap/rack drill in. The second use for these rounds is as a snap cap -- for guns not designed to react well to dry firing (the only gun I can think of that warns against dry firing is the Beretta 92/96 series, though I am sure there are more -- or .22 rimfires. Test your gun at the range with range ammo. If you get malfunctions then, you have a problem. I do not have the 9mm extractor kit installed on my 23 or 33 and have had no problems shooting 9mm -- but you will need to use 9mm mags. If you plan to ccw w/9mm, you should go the extractor route. I have shot multiK rounds of 9mm of all type at the range with no issues, but I won't bet my life on it for sd/ccw. In any case, why would I even want to carry 9mm into harm's way when I have the choice of .40 or .357?

3. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

Caliber war in the first response. Niiiiice.

4. bentbiker

bentbiker

What problems?

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

UserID fits.........:whistling:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  6. HOV

HOV

The extractor wasn't gripping vey well, so the round pretty much stayed chambered. Sometimes it would get partially pulled out of the chamber and fumble F everything after.

After I posted this thread, I tried chambering and unchambering a few real rounds, and they cycled fine. So I guess it's a matter of used/rough dummy rounds not doing so well with a tighter barrel.

7. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

I use snap caps,urethane bullet dummy rounds,and drilled case with normal FMJ seated to spec dummies
    Of the three only the FMJ dummies cycle normaly with the urethane dummies coming in second