Lone Star Range

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by John Watson, Jan 1, 2010.

1. John Watson

John Watson

My son and I went to the Lone Star Range last Monday. Nice place and the fellow working there is super friendly. We shot pistols on the pistol range closest to the office. Only thing I would like to see is better stools. I have back problems and used one of those blue barrels to sit on in between shooting sessions. Cost was a bit high at $17 a person plus cost of targets if needed. I guess I am spoiled with my home range membership dues at $30 a year.

I do like the other rules such as being able to draw from a holster and being able to shoot jacked rifle rounds which is prohibited at other outdoor ranges. He doesn't allow you to pick up brass however you can spread a tarp down and your brass that collects on the tarp can be taken. His sight says that the brass helps him offset expenses.

John

2. bithabus

bithabus

This is my favorite local range. I usually go during the week and get one of the pistol ranges all to myself. Next time you go, the cost will be $12. I pay $65 or so for a yearly membership which I think is very cheap.