London Chargers???

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by cyberghostx13, Oct 18, 2018.

1. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well I'm surfin' sports shows while I wait for the Sox-Astros game. So I'm watching the "Tiki and Tierey" show and they are discussing how the Chargers just aren't gonna make it sharing territory and stadium with the L. A. Rams. I missed all the details about money etc. but I caught the tail-end of the show and they were seriously suggesting the L.A. Chargers move to London. Now this is not ridiculous as the NFL has been looking to break into new territory and London has been the prime target of discussion, that's why the league has been having regular season games in London the past few years instead of pre-season games. Believe me, London ain't no Germany, France, or Spain pertaining to "American Football" the Brits really like it and it shows. And guess what, they televise the National Anthems for both countries and everyone is standing, players, coaches and the whole crowd.

I think the NFL will seal the deal overseas within the next five years. I mean come on, the Chargers couldn't even stay in San Diego because of the very poor market for their product. Same thing and moreso for the now L.A. Clippers. I mean come on, how many basketball fans in L.A. are going to "Root" for the Clippers instead of the Lakers? Clippers will be a bust in the L.A. Market. Geez it's kinda like the Clippers are the "Nationals" playing to the Lakers "Globe-Trotters". In the end it's all about the money, "Show me da money!" It's not just about relocated Americans but there's over 12 million people in London and while many will still like football(Soccer) there's more than enough fans to easily sell out Wembly Stadium which has a large open top and natural grass. NFL to London will happen and fairly soon. Cha-Ching!!! Pip, pip, CHEERIO!

2. LimeyLad

LimeyLad Banned

Couldn't call it the NFL anymore, it would have to be the INFL.

Must serve kebabs at the concession stands.

Would add validity to the claim of "World Champion"

3. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

No brand name change that's for sure.

As for concessions, it already is a combination of traditional football food and local stuff like fish and chips.

World Champions is just a catch phrase for different sports, very few are actually WCs. If you are a Champion of your particular sport than that's it.

Later.