Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Know-It-All
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have subscribed to the online version of a local newspaper that I pay automatically every month. Each month it asks me to log in again. All fine up until now - when I enter my username and password it just sits and scrolls but never logs me in. I have deleted cookies, cleared my cache and verified with the newspaper that my account is up to date. The kicker is that I can log in using my Android tablet, just not my laptop. I have no issues at all with any other sites. I am running Windows 7 and Firefox (up to date). Anyone have ideas as to why I'm all of a sudden having this problem and what to try next? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Being windows 7, it may be a security issue or an invalid site certificate though you would usually see an error if it was that.

Can you think of anything that has changed recently on your laptop? Any updates ?
Any new software? Any settings changed?

Antivirus software can cause this, try disabling it temporarily.

As odd as it sounds, check to see that your time and date are set correctly, this can cause issues also.

Try a different browser, IE or Chrome.

You could check your error logs to see if something is in there. Not sure how to tell you to do this on Windows 7, on Win 10 it's in the control panel under administrative tools.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts