Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am wondering if anybody knows much about modifying a g17 so that the slide can be locked forward while firing. Essentially, preventing the action from cycling. I've seen this once before; was done in effort to make the weapon a little more quiet with a suppressor attached. Any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
674 Posts
These guys are FOS trolls. Do NOT place any part of the hand in the slide path when firing. You will incur damage to your hand.

Noticed that a couple of you are new here. There is occasionally good advice in this forum when the trolls are sleeping or can't remember their password.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Put your thumb on the backplate
This. It's also how you keep the gun in battery when the muzzle is jammed into someone.

IDK who this guys is... He might be an idiot. lol. I can't listen to the audio atm but it shows him firing a glock with his thumb on the back of the slide a couple times.

·
Registered
20,913 Posts
Putting the thumb on the back plate will work. We do that for training for contact shots. It keeps the slide from coming out of battery while pressing it in and will also prevent a stovepipe. Once the shot is made, do a rack of the slide and you have another shot

·
NRA Life Member
65,501 Posts
Lmao, ok. :ROFLMAO:
He's not joking. As long as the gun isn't direct blowback you can easily hold the slide closed with your hand, as long as you don't let it reach the unlock point in the cycle. Easily done on a .45, but try it on a .22 and you'll need a new thumb. If you don't know that much, probably major modifications of a pistol are not something you want to try.

·
Registered
25,421 Posts
This. It's also how you keep the gun in battery when the muzzle is jammed into someone.

IDK who this guys is... He might be an idiot. lol. I can't listen to the audio atm but it shows him firing a glock with his thumb on the back of the slide a couple times.
Its not something I do everyday -

Learn something new that is -

Now I will have to try it!

·
bene vivere
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I see people think this is a goof.

The slide won't push your thumb any harder than the pistol recoils.

The trick is.... start with your thumb on the back of the slide.... Don't let it get a running start.

Honestly, we used to do it with .45 cal. Glocks without any discomfort.

Hammer fired guns are a different story.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Putting the thumb on the back plate will work. We do that for training for contact shots. It keeps the slide from coming out of battery while pressing it in and will also prevent a stovepipe. Once the shot is made, do a rack of the slide and you have another shot
yup. We teach either thumb behind the slide on the back plate or support hand over top pushing the slide forward. If you’re fighting over your pistol or pushing it into someone during an up close attack, it will keep the gun in battery and be able to fire one round, hopefully break contact to get distance, tap rack and assess if you need to fire more rounds.

·
Registered
20,913 Posts
yup. We teach either thumb behind the slide on the back plate or support hand over top pushing the slide forward. If you’re fighting over your pistol or pushing it into someone during an up close attack, it will keep the gun in battery and be able to fire one round, hopefully break contact to get distance, tap rack and assess if you need to fire more rounds.
Exactly

1 - 20 of 35 Posts