Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
319 Posts
Try re-setting the modem and the wireless router......

My buddy owns a bar and runs wi-fi there.....and we have to turn things off and let them set for a couple of secounds and then re-boot them.....

It works like a champ after that.....

·
Señor Member
4,413 Posts
Which OS are you using?

What application are you using to manage your NIC? (Wireless Zero Configuration service is the default for Eks Pee). That app should have a feature to allow you to view the properties of the wireless network(s), which might reveal something helpful in diagnosing the problem.

If all three of you successfully have connected those same laptops to other wireless networks, my hunch is that Mickey D's net admin has had a brain cramp. Either that or it's not free after all.

·
Banned
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm going to guess it was some sort of interference. when you're in mc d's, you can also pick up an open wireless network from the mall across the street as well as from a motel next door. those signals waver back and forth in strength. eventually one of us (not me) was able to connect to the motel's wifi signal but her browsing was very slow.

·
Banned
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Mall accross the street also has free wifi courtesy of the local telephone cooperative. I'm not a 'mall rat', but the place recently underwent an extensive refurbishing and now there's a very clean area with tables and chairs to use. In addition to the free wireless, at least a dozen stores (at least in the part of the mall I was in) have their own networks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.