Local gunshop doing great business

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by KindOfBlue, Jun 10, 2020.

1. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

Went to my local gunshop, had to try three times as the line was so long. On the third time I decided to wait it out. Took 45 minutes (its a 4-man shop) for me to get my FFL transferred bulk 9mm ammo.

While in line I kept hearing "sorry we haven't had Glocks in a while and are not sure when we will get them". (I can't believe my luck when they told me to come in early a couple months ago as there might be a shipment of Glocks. I picked up one of the last they've had for a while. soooo glad I jumped on it) Also overheard the eldest worker (the owner I think) tell a customer, "its been absolutely crazy, we can't keep any 9mm handguns or tactical shotguns in stock"

After finishing my business the salesman told me thanks for waiting. I told him, "I appreciate you guys staying open during all of this"

It warms my heart to see so many stimulus checks being put to good use, especially here in California :)

PRKJayhawk, -JCN- and Trench Sweeper like this.
  2. johnnypaul

johnnypaul

Did my part today, got a Glock 45 today. No wait, they had a couple 19’s an 1 17 in stock also. Rest of the gun stores in my area have no glocks an only
    Cz’s and 1000 plus dollar fn’s.
    Also no tactical shotguns or many 12 ga at all.

3. ZXMustang

ZXMustang

I bought my Glock 45 right at the end of April as the Covid crap was kicking off. It was one of the last 9mm's in stock at the time. Since then, they have yet to keep anything 9mm in stock. So glad I got mine when I did with the 500 rounds of 9mm. This was my first gun and I had been shopping for years. The timing couldnt have been better.

4. Mike-M

Mike-M

Questionable topic for this forum.

Dave Brubaker likes this.
  5. rfd339

rfd339 Silver Member

Yep here in western N.C. too.

6. Cambo

Cambo

My local dealer yesterday told me he sold 45 AR "Others" (NJ legal short barreled rifle-like firearms) in less than a month. The only brand he had was Troy, selling at $1400 - $1600 a piece.

JFrame likes this.
  7. scattershot

scattershot

How so? Seems relevant to me.

KindOfBlue likes this.
  8. marchboom

marchboom

Without sounding like a broken record, everyone of these gun buyers should be a member of the NRA. If they thought it was difficult to get a firearm now, wait till some democRAT gets into office and tries to take away their firearms.

$25 a year. That's cheap insurance that you can keep your protection.

jr24 likes this.
  9. jr24

jr24

Ah, you're from California. That explains some things :) (FFL transfer ammo is crazy. Are you guys allowed to reload?)

Haven't been to the local shop in a while but did stop by the sporting goods section of the farm store a few days ago, ammo and 9mm pistols were pretty picked over but there was still a fair bit of 9mm and .223 laying around and the rifle section was stocked.

Further north my Glock 26 still languishes on consignment, so the press can't be too intense up there. The other Glocks have sold though, so that was nice.