Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Glock 20 and wanted to try out some Kensight suppressor height fully adjustable sights. I took it to my local gun shop like I usually do. They brought it back to me about 15 minutes later with the sight about a third of the way on. It broke their sight pusher. This is when I found out there is a gunsmith right across the street. He was in the back to pick something up and spotted the employee about to start filing my slide to fit the sight.......which I would have never allowed. He was nice enough to take it back to his shop and put my Amerigo night sights back on. He said that the gun shop employee tried so hard to shove the sights on that he actually bent/widened my dovetail. The gunsmith had to put a shim under the old sight to get it to fit tightly...

It now shoots 2.5 inches low at 30 ft. Not the end of the world, but I am so PISSED

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Clueless people working on other people's guns !
Sorry to hear this.

Sounds like a shorter front sight would get you dialed in.
File or swap out the front sight.
Glock front sights are easy to swap, just need the Glock front sight tool. (a thin wall nut driver).
Use the sight calculator at Dawson or Ameriglo.

·
Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner!
2,595 Posts
I purchased a Glock 20 and wanted to try out some Kensight suppressor height fully adjustable sights. I took it to my local gun shop like I usually do. They brought it back to me about 15 minutes later with the sight about a third of the way on. It broke their sight pusher. This is when I found out there is a gunsmith right across the street. He was in the back to pick something up and spotted the employee about to start filing my slide to fit the sight.......which I would have never allowed. He was nice enough to take it back to his shop and put my Amerigo night sights back on. He said that the gun shop employee tried so hard to shove the sights on that he actually bent/widened my dovetail. The gunsmith had to put a shim under the old sight to get it to fit tightly...

It now shoots 2.5 inches low at 30 ft. Not the end of the world, but I am so PISSED
Don't blame you. Is the LGS going to stand behind their screw up?

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clueless people working on other people's guns !
Sorry to hear this.

Sounds like a shorter front sight would get you dialed in.
File or swap out the front sight.
Glock front sights are easy to swap, just need the Glock front sight tool. (a thin wall nut driver).
Use the sight calculator at Dawson or Ameriglo.
I know I needed to get a specific set that fit the large frame Glock. Are the front sights individually compatible with both frames?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't blame you. Is the LGS going to stand behind their screw up?

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
Nope. They will protect their employee and try to blame the gunsmith or me... just the way things go these days unfortunately. I went back to the gunsmith for additional work and his work is great. Lesson learned. My firearms will only be taken to an actual gunsmith for work. His prices were the same as the gun shop...

·
Banned
63 Posts
People need to learn how to use a sight pusher tool. Sights should not be hard to install if the slide is aligned properly. If you feel resistance in any other direction than lateral don't keep pushing hoping the sight will make its way. I would talk to them and ship your slide to Glock for a replacement, they can pay for cost. It takes excessive force to bend dovetail and that would piss me off.

·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
295 Posts
Well.. you could just go all in and get the slide milled for a direct mount red dot... Have that on my 30... Was a fantastic choice.... Love it

Reactions: Roland Atwater
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.