Loader variants and applications

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by geefal, Apr 27, 2019.

1. geefal

geefal

Having a senior moment here, please forgive me, but I have no idea what you are referencing to when you say a "T" pistol.

2. professor309

professor309

[​IMG]

glockhoarder, geefal and 58sniper like this.

3. geefal

geefal

trainer pistols, thanks for clearing that up :)

4. 58sniper

58sniper Gold Member

There are variations on the 483 loader. Each with an additional number 4831, 4832, 4833, and 4834. Some of those have a hyphen before the last number, some don't. Plus there is the one with just a QR code.

For the large frame guns, there is at least the 2376 and 5173.

I've only recently started tracking which loaders are with which guns. The wife is away for a week, so I'll kill some time and go through mine and see if I can figure out some time frames.

Marcus99 likes this.
  5. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

Had to look deep to find the details as I'm going through and cataloguing my early guns and trying to sort out which accessories are original. The good news is, I have four A series guns and all of them have the variant 1 loader already. Then I have three later with the correct variant 2 and a lot that are missing correct accessories.
    Just curious about fellow collector's input: I have an AL prefix and an AY prefix that my father requested that I sell for him. The AL has the early loader and serial matched bullet box, but the AY has variant 2 and a non-labeled bullet box. As a collector, I'm loathe to separate an original set so the first will get listed all together. But the second gun doesn't match anyway, so do you all think I'm doing MORE for the collectors cause by keeping it together or parting it out?

6. Fishboy556

Fishboy556

This is a strong delima for a collector, such as myself. You can make more money parting out, but.....will you be doing a better thing by keeping original together. As much as I like money, I have avoided parting early Glocks out. I just feel that the way Glocks collecting is booming, in time keeping things together will pay off if you are looking at financial point of view. I collect for the coolness, not for the money at this point of my life. As time passes I'm sure my point of view will change, nothing like early original. Just my opinion.

Adam4 likes this.
  7. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

That's kinda my perspective also Fish... I'm thinking I'll sell the AY stuff separately only because it's not original anyway (at least the loader).

8. davedc

davedc

Attached Files:

9. davedc

davedc

Are the above photos a variant #3... it is smooth all around and has a glock logo on top.

10. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

Looks like a 3 Dave. The first two have the same texture as the gen 1 guns.

11. davedc

davedc

Thanks L.A Tactical.... Is it Rare or worth anything

12. L.A.Tactical

L.A.Tactical

Definitely still worth something. I think they just get less rare/valuable the later they go into production. But that's the correct loader for 17L gen 1s so I'm sure there are quite a few of us on the hunt for them.

13. davedc

davedc

I will sell this its in great shape.I have no need for it.It came with a Tupperware box I bought.I thought it looked a little different than the others I own... Thanks again L.A Tactical

14. Adam4

Adam4

L.A. Tactical I have a variant 2 it looks like with a NIB Gen 1 17L DA prefix. The original case, manual, warranty card and tools in absolute pristine condition. The gun looks untouched as well and definitely unfired condition. Is that not the correct loader for that pistol? I'll try to attach some pics for you to see.

15. Fishboy556

Fishboy556

What I have noticed, earlier versions are not incorrect. If it was around it got shipped with item. Newer versions is where things get sketchy.

Adam4 and L.A.Tactical like this.
  16. Adam4

Adam4

Fishboy that makes me feel better. Thanks!

17. Adam4

Adam4

18. Adam4

Adam4

19. Adam4

Adam4

The variant 2 loader came with this NIB 17L

20. Adam4

Adam4

Apologize for poor pics and doubles. I'm new at this.