Loaded hunters - (WI)

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Jan 8, 2010.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Nearly a dozen drunken hunters arrested in Wisconsin

A state Department of Natural Resources report says 11 people were arrested for going armed while intoxicated in the field during the nine-day season.

By: Associated Press,

MADISON — Authorities arrested nearly a dozen drunken hunters during Wisconsin’s November gun deer hunt.

A state Department of Natural Resources report says 11 people were arrested for going armed while intoxicated in the field during the nine-day season.

Five of them had been arrested for at least one alcohol-related offense in the past. One of them had multiple arrests for driving under the influence of an intoxicant.

2. minnshooter

minnshooter

Wow, I can't believe that happened in Wisconsin!

3. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

I'm sure we have our share here in MN too. :drunk:

4. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

They might have gotten away with it too, if they'd only been wearing Scent Lock. :rofl:

5. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

6. vart

vart

When I moved to Iowa from Idaho, I was shocked at just how many people considered alcohol to be one of the main ingredients for a day of hunting.

Sure, we always brought beer or whiskey to hunting camp in Idaho, but it was only for around the campfire at night. I gave up pheasant hunting in Iowa since being around a bunch of drunk rednecks with shotguns was not my idea of sportsmanship...

7. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

What people forget is that the case of beer you drank at night isn't out of your system in the morning.

8. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

There is a big difference between a bottle of scotch in camp that you and your buddies are taking a couple nips of before bed and drinking a case of beer and then expecting to get up @ 4:30AM and actually hunt.

I will admit that on the last day at elk camp this year knowingthat we had to leave in the AM and got skunked the whole trip, there were more than a few nips taken that night.

Drinking while you are hunting is a whole 'nother level of stupid I never considered really.

9. Glockerel

Glockerel Got Mojo?

In a related story, only 10 buildings were shot this year, down from last year's 19.

10. Hound_dogs_01

Hound_dogs_01

Only up north..... lol JK

Alex

11. vart

vart

It is for manly men from Idaho...:tongueout:

12. 1sharpedge

1sharpedge

It is pretty scary some places here in wisconsin, i have heard about and seen several people that should not be handling a gun during hunting season, due to to much alcohol. Most groups either go to a cabin, or some ones house and set up camp for the week. So most start drinking on thursday or friday and drink like fish for the entire 9 day season. I am guilty of it one time me and my cousin went out and tore it up on opening day after hunting and stayed out till bar close 2:30 AM. But then we opted to stay at the cabin while everybody else went out hunting in the morning. (I was younger and stupid)

13. 1sharpedge

1sharpedge

The DNR also caught 23 felons that were hunting during the 2009 deer season.