close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Loaded glock question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ghr1142, Aug 4, 2012.

1. ghr1142

ghr1142

Hello to all,
    I'm interested in finding out the differant stages of a loaded Glock ? or any othe pistol.
    Is it as I'v heard ! a condition issue ?
    Please advise,
    Thank's
    ghr1142

2. cciman

cciman

Question is unclear.

"Loaded" depending on who is using the term, either means one round in the chamber, or rounds inside the gun (regardless if there is a round inside the chamber). Most shooters consider round in the chamber as loaded. Non-shooters may use the term interchangeably.

In a Glock, with one round in the chamber, the striker is cocked, it is ready to fire, with the actuation of the trigger. There is no way to have a round inside a Glock chamber without the striker cocked. Simple, no confusion.

Other guns will have different "conditions". It is best to understand how the specific gun functions. Too much to type here.

3. OuttaHand

OuttaHand

I may be wrong, but I think the OP has read posts where people say they "always carry in condition 1" etc.

To my understanding (though I could be wrong):
    Condition 1: Fully loaded, round in the chamber, firing mechanism is cocked and ready / able to strike the primer to cause discharge as soon as trigger is pulled.
    Condition 2: Fully loaded, round in the chamber, but firing mechanism is not cocked. An action must be performed to cock the gun in order before discharge is possible.
    Condition 3: Gun has ammo in the magazine (or cylinder) but no round in the chamber or firing position. It must be cycled or manipulated to be ready to fire.
    Condition 4: Gun does not have ammo in it at all.

In a Glock, only Condiitions 1, 3, or 4 are possible.

4. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

This animation may help to understand how a Glock works.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vdBmsC4VCc&feature=related"]Inner Workings Of A Glock - YouTube[/ame]
    Condition 1 for me. SJ 40

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012