Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NRA Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...it seems I've read on here before that storing your magazines fully loaded is OK. But, I mentioned this to a gun enthusiast I know and he seemed to think it was a big no-no. He said if I did store them like that, I should rotate them out with ones I keep unloaded every 3-4 weeks.

Thoughts?

·
20,407 Posts
There is no harm in storing fully loaded magazines.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I'll bet my whiskers that this "gun enthusiast" friend of yours is a 1911 man...right?

Glock mags are good 'till doomsday when stored fully loaded.

:deadhorse:

·
Banned
2,504 Posts
Even 1911 mags made 60+ years ago fully loaded will work just fine after being loaded that long. I kept some glock mags loaded for 3 years one time that when shot had better "spring" to them than the ones I had cycled thousands of rounds through in that same amount of time.

Proof enough for me.

·
NRA Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I would just hate to turn my 13-round bedside buddy into a 1 or 2 shot faulty spring nightmare when the SHTF...

·
FREEDOM
346 Posts
Springs DO NOT wear out is they are left compressed. Springs DO wear out after many compression/relaxation cycles. In other words the spring does not care if it is relaxed, or under tension. All springs will eventually become old due to their wear and tear of repeated use.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Many moons ago, should maybe ... Once upon a time? No? OK.

There was a Protection Officer (Body Guard Brit type) looking after Princess Margaret, he was an older senior Police Officer (Inspector from the Yard?) who had cause to fire his weapon, the story was he only managed to get one shot off, and racking of the slide did not bring the next round up, myth?

The pistol was a .380 PPK or PP Walther.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Spring-set will occur by regularly loading & unloading your mags. Leaving them loaded will cause no harm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts